Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elfa, if it's any consolation, I ordered from Amazon and am in the same boat as you.

enchanted.gif

So... impressions after a day with the album?

For me, it is far more even than Build A Rocket, and much more intimate overall, with a narrower scope than any of their previous albums, at least to my ears. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing - I enjoy the intricacies in the quieter tracks, and as usual Elbow are great at layering interesting textures in their music, but I do find myself missing the grand gestures that make Leaders and SSK such rewarding listens. The title track seems to try to get there by length and repetition alone, but, frankly, I think it might be the weakest song on the album.

I'll have to spend some more time with it. Right now I place it ahead of Build A Rocket, but not by as much as I was hoping to.

Listened to this on the way to work. Really enjoyed it. It helped calm my nerves because of both slippery roads and a stressful work day ahead. I really like the title track.

On second listen, it's a little uneven towards the back end, but like Build a Rocket,,,,,,, Boys!, the highs more than make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom