Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't listened to Elbow in a month or two, so I threw Seldom Seen Kid in yesterday.

:drool:

Dude.

I have decided I quite enjoy the "Holy cow, I love your eyes" line in One Day Like This.

If you can incorporate "holy cow" into your songs, you know you're good.

I didn't realize there were two Elbow threads - this one hasn't been bumped since 2008, but it was more general than the one with a specific album named in the title (and not even their most recent), so I figured this was the one to resurrect.

You're welcome. :wink:

I finally got my grubby little hands on a copy of the Seldom Seen Kid at the BBC CD/DVD. Good lord, it's fantastic. I am in love with Guy's voice.

Did I hear correctly that there should be a new album coming out this year? I can't wait. And I need to see them live. Please, please, pleeeeeease come to Seattle!

I keep forgetting that combo exists. Does the DVD work here, or is it Europe's PAL format?

I have a DVD player that plays PAL .... so all I can tell you is that it works fine for me! :wink:

Dang, I need a DVD player like that! There have been sooooo many band DVDs I've wanted to buy in the last few years that were PAL only.

I found one on eBay for, like, $40 a few years ago. I think someone had just bought one, did some funky chicken magic or whatever to it, and resold it as a multi-region player.

Totally worth it.

I signed up on their site (love love love the splash page, by the way) to receive updates. I am heartened to see they're in the studio, but dismayed to hear there's no schedule for completion or release yet.

:(

If Guy Garvey sang me lies about album release dates (or anything, really) in that beautiful voice, I would treat every word as gospel.

Hot damn, I absolutely adore this band.

Nothing much else to add other than to drool.

I will say though that the thread titled Leaders of the Free World is actually where we've been having most of our conversation about Elbow for the past two years.

I've posted this a few times, but it makes me smile to repeat myself on this topic.

Seeing Elbow at a small, comfortable venue in Chicago a few years was one of the best concert experiences of my life. Just amazing. Felt like a show put on just for me. I'll never forget it. Also, I rarely care about such things but when it comes to Elbow and Doves, I was a fan right from the start, so it's nice to see both bands put out good records. Hopefully, Elbow will have something coming out soon. :up:

Haha, I haven't seen that cat video in years. It was before the lolcats phenomenon, so I remember we were all saying, "WTF is this?!". Good times.

There a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.

I will say though that the thread titled Leaders of the Free World is actually where we've been having most of our conversation about Elbow for the past two years.

I know - I was going to bump that one, but since this one isn't titled with a specific album in the title, it wouldn't hurt to resurrect this one instead.

I have to bump this thread again because I've been obsessed with The Seldom Seen Kid all week.

I'm about ready to write Guy Garvey a letter and tell him I'm ready to offer him my first-born if it means they'll come to Seattle on their next tour.

Also, Mirrorball = prettiest song ever, yes?

Grounds For Divorce is one of my favourite rockers to come out in the past couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom