Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*happy swoon*

I don't have the REM release date stuck in my head, so what's the release date? Sounds like it's coming soon, yes? YAY!

They seems to stray further and further from the actual 'coolness" they had in the early days.

I didn't think you were concerned about 'coolness.' :(

Writing them off for not being as cool as they used to be based on a song title? Before you've heard even a second of the new music? That surprises me, scumbo. That's like something that people in EYKIW say and then get crucified for saying by funny people like mikal.

I hope Track 5 turns out to be your favorite song on the record.

I don't think I would ever classify their style as 'cool', Garvey writes in a dorky vernacular all his own.

And shame on you cori for not remembering the R.E.M. Release dat, bad fan!! :wink: Both albums come out March 6th/7th.

You guys are making some pretty big assumptions on my comments, but whatever.

As a reminder, all of their albums have had later release dates in the US, so don't get your hearts set on March.

Did we miss sarcasm?

Because otherwise, I don't know what assumption I'm making, because your comment read pretty straight-forward to me, and I thought it was surprising coming from you.

(I feel like I should include a smilie or something, because this post is coming across a lot more dour and cranky than it's intended. So ... here: :cocktail: )

I just think what you guys think I meant is different than what I actually meant. I'm far too lazy to write an explanation of what I actually meant though, as I'm in a "I can't wait to get the hell out of here" mood at work, not a, "I want to actually think about things" mood!

No one who holds a position of authority above me is actually here, so I'll probably leave at noon today. I luckily have Thursday, Friday, and the following Monday off. Partei!

9 years later, Any Day Now is still definitely one of my favorite Elbow songs.

Newborn has really grown on me over the past year It's fantastic.

And yeah, Any Day Now is great, too.

Still really nothing I love on Cast of Thousands.

Also, about the March release date, the note on Facebook says the 7th, which is the Tuesday, seems to me that would be the US release date. Every other time they've released an album they've had to fight with a new label, I think now that they've finally broken through they won't have those problems anymore.

I'm used to falling in love with overseas acts who have release dates months apart between the UK and the US, but aren't there some artists who have the album released on the same day nowadays? Especially bigger acts?

I can't remember if the last album had the same release date (or at least in the same week) for US and UK. I don't think I knew about it until some time later.

Seldom Seen Kid was released about a month later than the UK in the US. But yeah, bigger acts have simultaneous releases.

Build a Rocket, Boys is the real album title? I thought it was a joke that I didn't understand at first.

I got a very special email from the Elbows, and it also says "stay tuned for a special surprise on Boxing Day."

I hope it's Guy Garvey showing up on my door step to sing me a pretty song.

I got a very special email from the Elbows, and it also says "stay tuned for a special surprise on Boxing Day."

I hope it's Guy Garvey showing up on my door step to sing me a pretty song.

I just noticed that I had the e-mail. :hyper:

Here's the album artwork for those who haven't seen it yet.

buildarocketboys.jpg

I actually quite like the album title, as well as the album artwork. I'm excited.

Awesome, more hyped about this than the REM disc if I'm honest.

There really should be a comma.

"Jesus Is A Rochdale Girl" could be interesting...

Very excited, The Seldom Seen Kid was a masterpiece

I'm significantly less excited for this album than I would be if they'd have put a comma in the title.

It'll end up being notorious like the lack of apostrophe in R.E.M.'s Lifes Rich Pageant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom