Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to say that I absolutely hate when this thread is bumped because then I think there's new album news.

I hate you all.

Ahem.

Elbow Reveal the Name of Next Album

Elbow have revealed the name of their eagerly awaited new album, the follow-up to their Mercury Music Prize-winning 'The Seldom Seen Kid'.

Speaking to BBC 6 Music, frontman Guy Garvey said, "The working title of the album at the moment is 'Lippy Kids.'"

Giving more detail about the title and themes of the album, Garvey said, "It's quite a nostalgic thing. I've got a thing about growing up: not needing to! But a certain period of your life when -- well kids are called 'hoodies' these days aren't they when they reach their teens. I remember it being an amazing important time, so I've written a lot about that."

The band have been holed up in the studio throughout 2010. As Spinner previously reported, the album is unlikely to be too much of a departure from the band's past work, despite Garvey having suggested that the album would see a departure in sound towards shoegaze and psychedelia.

The record, their fifth, is currently about three quarters completed, suggesting that it should be released at some point in 2011, with the band keen to get it out on the road.

'The Seldom Seen Kid' was their breakthrough album, winning a Brit award and two Ivor Novello, as well as the Mercury Music Prize in 2008. On receiving the latter, Garvey declared it "the best thing that's ever happened to us."

Everything is going well with 'Lippy Kids' at the moment, with Garvey admitting, "We're all buzzing off it. You have periods of nervousness and then you have periods of elation. And we're all buzzing off it at the minute."
Elbow Reveal the Name of Next Album - Spinner Canada

2011... no megusta. The title of course sounds like something Garvey would come up with, but that doesn't mean it'll sound like a great title to the rest of the world :lol:.

That said, new Elbow!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :up:

Guy and Massive Attack Team Up Again For Warchild

Fresh from his appearance on last year's 'Heligoland' album, Guy has again teamed up with the legendary Massive Attack - and this time it's to help the Warchild charity organisation.

Guy has recorded a brand new song - 'Redlight' - with the Bristol-based band and it will feature on the 'Atlas Air' EP which is being released to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Warchild and their historic 'Help' album.

The 'Atlas Air' EP will be released in November as a digital download and a strictly-limited 12 Inch. Click here to visit Warchild's website and get the full lowdown now.
Massive Attack release 'Atlas Air' EP for War Child | War Child

Elbow's Guy Garvey: 'New album is a different beast to 'The Seldom Seen Kid''

Elbow frontman Guy Garvey has revealed that the band's new album is a "different beast" to their 2008 record 'The Seldom Seen Kid'.

Speaking in the new issue of NME, Garvey explained that the new record is "romantic and nostalgic, as a lot of our stuff is, but... I don't really know how to put it; I suppose it’s bigger in some places and subtler in others".

Garvey also added that he's been "writing more about the past" on the new record than before.

"It's almost been a bit like digging through old photographs," he said. "One of the main themes of the record is me getting really annoyed when young people are alienated or demonised by the press because they wear their hoods up. Especially because, as far as I’m aware, hoods have been around for a pretty long time. I certainly had a snorkel parka when I was younger!"

Meanwhile, in other Elbow news, the band have announced a new UK arena tour to take place next March.

I wasn't really on the Elbow love boat until after The Seldom Seen Kid came out, and either had missed their tour dates, or just wasn't paying attention.

I think I remember being annoyed that they were in the US, but weren't coming here. Maybe that was Doves. Regardless, they did come here for the last album, so it's a safe bet they'll come to far bigger cities like Seattle!

I'm not seeing a release date on that link, but they did have the tracklist:

BUILD A ROCKET, BOYS!
1) Lippy Kids
2) The Birds
3) With Love
4) Neat Little Rows
5) Jesus Is A Rochdale Girl
6) The Night Will Always Win
7) High Ideals
8) The River
9) Open Arms
10) The Birds (Reprise)
11) Dear Friends

I don't consider myself religious any more, but I still can't stand the title of track 5.

Yeah, I meant to mention that I got the release date from their Facebook page. And that track title doesn't really surprise me or offend me, sounds exactly like Guy Garvey. I'm also glad that Lippy Kids is only a track title, it would have been a terrible album title.

The title doesn't necessarily offend me, it's just...really lame. They seems to stray further and further from the actual 'coolness" they had in the early days. Oh wellz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom