Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinyl is a rich man's game. This is why I exclusively buy 8-track recordings.

New album released on March 10, 2014, according to their official Facebook Account.

Let's hope it is an improvement on Build A Rocket Boys!

Fire up!!!

Got this email this morning;

elbow announce new album + UK tour + live DVD/2CDs

elbow's sixth studio album, currently being recorded at their facilities at Blueprint Studios, Salford, will be released on March 10th 2014.

UK arena tour April 2014

The band have also announced a full UK Arena tour in April 2014.

A fan pre-sale is open right now and you can buy tickets here.

April UK Tour
Sat 5th - Birmingham LG Arena
Sun 6th - Glasgow SSE Hydro
Tue 8th - Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
Wed 9th - Manchester Phone 4U Arena
Fri 11th - Leeds First Direct Arena
Sat 12th - Liverpool Echo Arena
Mon 14th - Nottingham Capital FM Arena
Wed 16th - London The o2

Tickets will go on general sale on Friday 4th October.

Exclusive album #6 + tour tickets + 'Live At Jodrell Bank' DVD bundles
You can now pre-order elbow's 6th studio album, due for release March 10th 2014, with a 'Live At Jodrell Bank' DVD at an exclusive bundle price alongside your tickets for the tour. Look out for the option when booking your UK tour tickets here.

elbow's first ever live full concert DVD, shot in HD, 'Live At Jodrell Bank' consists of two CDs and a DVD covering the entire performance and a documentary of the event by long standing collaborators The Soup Collective, featuring exclusive interviews with the band and backstage footage.

This exclusively priced bundle is only available via pre-sale ticket purchase at gigsandtours.com, and from the elbow store. To order the bundle without tour tickets select your option from the links below. The bundle will also be available during general sale from gigsandtours.com from Friday.

Pre-order Album #6 + 'Live At Jodrell Bank' DVD: CD | Deluxe CD | Vinyl

Pre-order Album #6: CD | Deluxe CD | Vinyl

The DVD will be dispatched shortly after your order is placed, then elbow's album #6 will be delivered on release on March 10th 2014.

That live dvd sounds sweet as well : drool:

5 months away? Talk about your early announcements!

I like that the concert was "shot in HD", yet they're giving it to you on a DVD.

Yeah didn't see it coming.

Some of the songs that are mooted to be on the album:

My Sad Captains
Charge
New York Morning
This Blue World

Elbow reveal the meaning behind their new album title

1525664_10151944200853878_240706086_n.png

I like it! I was just coming to report the new title - I had read it would be Carry Her Carry Me or something like that.

Mofo, maybe this blurb hints at a return to their earlier sound?

"It always happens this. The title's now from a song on there; this huge, cacophonous thing born of our love for space rock, prog, Primal Scream and Spiritualized," he says of the name of the record due out on 10 March.

I for one, am sofa king excited.

Has anyone picked up the Live cd/dvd? I am wondering if its worth paying those steep import prices...

I love it, but that shouldn't be a big surprise.

I pre-ordered the album through Universal months ago so I could get the live release right away. Even though I paid more for the album because it was in Pounds, it seemed like a good deal for the bundle with the DVD.

I wonder if that is the actual album cover. Odd title, but at least there are no punctuation issues this time!

Keep Calm and Elbow On

In the Q article that talked about the album title, the previous name was in fact written with a comma. Hmmmmmm ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom