Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have downloaded the leak, how's the sound quality?

shitty-cookie.jpg

I got an email from Amazon telling me the release date has changed to April. So I guess they're not offering the import with the earlier release. Canceling the order.

Alas. At least I'll get it for cheaper now when it comes out here.

I got an email from Amazon telling me the release date has changed to April. So I guess they're not offering the import with the earlier release. Canceling the order.

Alas. At least I'll get it for cheaper now when it comes out here.

You could always try to order it from Amazon UK or Amazon Canada.

Good point. I'll check to see what the price is.

US Amazon still has an import version available, but it's listed as "digipack" and is $25. Pass. I was willing to do $18 plus shipping, but any more just seems silly not to wait.

Edit: dang, Canada has it coming out tomorrow! $12.99 Canadian.

http://www.amazon.ca/Build-Rocket-Boys-Elbow/dp/B004H0N4PC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299535137&sr=8-1

If I lived closer to the border, I'd consider a trip to Vancouver this weekend to pick it up and make a little day-trip out of it. Oh well.

Yeah, $10 USD for "8 to 16 days international shipping" from Canada. No thanks. Rather just buy the digital download for $10 and the CD when it's released here, will still get it overall for less.

:angry:

I ordered it. I chose expedited shipping because the option of having it sooner made it worth it. YAY.

I don't like it as much as the Seldom Seen Kid, but it's pretty good. The middle's a bit of a lull for me. Definitely deserving of more than the two spins I've given it so far.

And I'll add to the praise for The Birds. Fantastic song.

It's going to be extremely difficult for it to top either Seldom Seen Kid or Leaders of the Free World for me.

As long as it's better than Cast of Thousands, I'll be pleased.

It's available on the various legal digital sites now, used my free credits at Napster.

I still think Neat Little Rows becomes tedious and annoying. Probably their worst lead single for any of their albums.

u2popmofo said:
I still think Neat Little Rows becomes tedious and annoying. Probably their worst lead single for any of their albums.

Regrettably, I am feeling that way too :( .. I loved it for about 3 or 4 listens, but it's lost it's shine pretty quickly.

I listened to TSSK a few days back, a super album from start to finish, it never really lulls, perhaps slightly yet insignificantly in Audience With The Pope, and The Fix is a novel song without being mindblowing.

Album not out until the 11th in Australia, thought it was out yesterday but alas, no.

Based on what I've heard, I don't even know if it's better than Cast of Thousands or Seldom Seen Kid. Not even close to Leaders of the Free World or Asleep in the Back in quality. I was even let down by The Birds after hearing so much hype.

Opinions can change though.

I don't think it's as good as Seldom Seen Kid (and wasn't expecting it to be) but I am loving the album and have listened to it at least once a day for the last week.

Favourites so far are Lippy Kids, The Birds, With Love, The Night Will Always Win, and Open Arms.

yeah, well given how good Leaders and Kid were, I think I had some unrealistic expectations going in so in that way I'm dissapointed but it's not a terrible album by any stretch of the imagination, I think it will probably grow on me as time goes by

I was excited for the album, but I made sure to keep my expectations in check. Being a U2 fan teaches you a thing or two about that. I can feel myself singing along to a lot of these songs at a concert. God I hope they tour North America this year. :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom