Eddie Vedder short solo tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the new york city "limited" 10 club tickets were sold out in less than a minute.

they were apparently quite limited. i did not get a pair... i will try my luck with the regular sale.

im going to try for the first ny show. i have no idea where the venue is at...can you take the subway to it?

It's in Washington Heights, on Broadway & 175th St. You can catch the A train at Penn Station and it will leave you about a block away from the venue.

I take it you saw him? :wink:
Hope your seats were better than mine were back in March/April when I saw him.
I have some video clips from my cellphone. Picture is crap, but audio is just fine!

:wave:

Eddie Vedder is one of my 10 favorite people in the world and I'm jealous of all you guys getting to see him!

Have fun!!!

Eddie...isn't he just the best? He's gotta be one of the greatest humans to ever be a human in the human race. He's my idol.

Your location says Illinois; are you close to Chicago or Milwaukee? You should really try and catch one (or more) of those shows. If you look around you can find a ticket.

Eddie Vedder pens song for Cubs
Published September 23, 2008 05:09 AM0
By Suzanne Kayian / LiveDaily Contributor

Eddie Vedder has written a song for the Chicago Cubs as the baseball team edges closer to their first World Series since 1908.

Vedder, who "threw together" a song at the request of Ernie Banks, performed the tune, "All The Way" last month at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago, according to the Pearl Jam website.

A recorded version of the song--which is being played on Chicago radio and at watering holes around the ball park--is being made available for download on the PJ site. "There's a chance we'll also make available some hard copy CDs and we're looking into souvenir 45 singles, as well," Vedder said in a statement.

Couldn't find a Pearl Jam thread, so thought I'd post this here...

One of my coworkers saw Eddie at her neighborhood Target last week. When she saw him, he looked at her and gave her a "please don't rat me out" look, so she just smiled instead of going "OMG IT'S EDDIE VEDDER."

Thus endeth the celebrity sighting portion of this thread for today. :)

Woohoo, looks like Eddie is going out for another short solo tour!!

Jun 8 Albany, NY Palace Theatre
Jun 9* Albany, NY Palace Theatre
Jun 11 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
Jun 12 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
Jun 14 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
Jun 15 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
Jun 18 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
Jun 20 Memphis, TN Orpheum
Jun 21* Memphis, TN Orpheum
Jun 23 Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
Jun 24* Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
Jun 29** Maui, HI Arts & Cultural Ctr - Castle Theatre
Jul 1** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr
Jul 2** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr

this will be known as the "i will be going to every location u2 isn't playing in september tour to apease them but piss off those in new york" tour.

i missed him when he was in nyc... 3 hours away to albany on a monday or tuesday? :hmm:

i doubt i could get anyone to to the drive with me... perhaps i'll try for the general sale and drive it

I mean this is great and all...he'll put on some great shows and, bottom line, Eddie can do whatever the fuck he wants to do. But how about it, Ed...how about when you're done with this little month long jaunt you buckle down in the studio and get LP 9 in the bag and go on tour with the big boys. In support of a new Pearl Jam album.

Or perhaps this little mini-tour is in celebration of the fact that the new PJ stuff is done and he knows this will be the last time in a long time he'll get the chance to tour by himself? :hmm:

Or perhaps this little mini-tour is in celebration of the fact that the new PJ stuff is done and he knows this will be the last time in a long time he'll get the chance to tour by himself? :hmm:

Yeah that would be cool - whatever I'm just soooo excited!!!

please philly for the 12th :pray:

I mean this is great and all...he'll put on some great shows and, bottom line, Eddie can do whatever the fuck he wants to do. But how about it, Ed...how about when you're done with this little month long jaunt you buckle down in the studio and get LP 9 in the bag and go on tour with the big boys. In support of a new Pearl Jam album.

i think the last part might be close to the truth... the last 10c e-mail hinted that there would be some sort of official announcement regarding new stuff soon...

Now that the TEN reissue has been released, plans for the rest of 2009 are shaping up and it looks to be a very full year. You've already heard some rumors and leaks, we're just working out some of the details. Stay tuned to pearljam.com for the latest OFFICIAL information.

More soon...

... so perhaps immediately following ed's short little solo tour there will be info regarding one of two things, either
a) a short pearl jam tour, sorta like when they toured canada right before releasing avacado
b) new album info., tour to follow

in a perfect world PJ will put out a new album in late summer and then play the garden on the 26th and 27th of september, right after u2 leaves town :drool:

a man can dream, can't he?

Woohoo, looks like Eddie is going out for another short solo tour!!

Jun 8 Albany, NY Palace Theatre
Jun 9* Albany, NY Palace Theatre
Jun 11 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
Jun 12 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
Jun 14 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
Jun 15 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
Jun 18 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
Jun 20 Memphis, TN Orpheum
Jun 21* Memphis, TN Orpheum
Jun 23 Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
Jun 24* Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
Jun 29** Maui, HI Arts & Cultural Ctr - Castle Theatre
Jul 1** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr
Jul 2** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr

:angry:

PJ is headlining some festival in San Francisco in August. Could this mean that the wheels are starting to turn on a possible summer/fall tour!?! :hyper:

Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys, Dave Matthews Band Headlining San Francisco’s Outside Lands Festival : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

And we know the new album can't be all that far off either.

Also, we need like an official Pearl Jam discussion thread or something. Because this thread title is not gonna cut it once more PJ news starts rolling in here in the next few months. I guess we can just make a thread for the new album/tour when it gets announced.

I won the opportunity to buy 10C tickets to both EV Memphis shows. Hopefully, they'll add the rollover show!! Woohoo!!

FWIW, I'm only seeing advertising in Memphis for a single show on 6/20. Honestly, I can't imagine him doing more than one night here. Memphis does not support live music in numbers unless it's classic, redneck rock.

Got a 6th row ticket for Philly 2 at the general sale this morning, I'm SO happy! Due to lots of weird circumstances, I never did join the 10 Club so this is definitely far and away the closest I've been to him, I will finally get to see his facial expressions live at last. :D

Back
Top Bottom