Duran Duran Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back at ya :hug:

Have you heard the title track it's :drool:

Still laughing at your commentary from that night..soo freakin funny :lol:

Can I just say that I am fully on board with Simon's beard?

Yes? Okay?

Then I would just like to say that I am fully on board with Simon's beard.

rawr! Simon with a beard is hawt!:love:

:yes:

:yes:

Can I just say that I am fully on board with Simon's beard?

Yes? Okay?

Then I would just like to say that I am fully on board with Simon's beard.

Can I just say that I am fully on board with cori and being fully on board with Simon's beard.

Oooooooooooh, yeah! That's nice!

have had the album on constant play over the last few days ( yes I cheated but I will buy it next week) and it is brilliant- it's early days but this one has the potential to topple my beloved Wedding Album as the post 80's benchmark Duran album

one iffy track from the 9 tracks on the initial release- but I'll let them off that for the brilliance of Leopard and Before the rain

have had the album on constant play over the last few days ( yes I cheated but I will buy it next week) and it is brilliant- it's early days but this one has the potential to topple my beloved Wedding Album as the post 80's benchmark Duran album

one iffy track from the 9 tracks on the initial release- but I'll let them off that for the brilliance of Leopard and Before the rain

Girl Panic is awesome..Simons fave track! Been listening to whatever I can find on youtube can you PLEASE send me the link??

Edited to add: Being Followed rocks along with the title track..Sooooo excited for this album and tour!!!!

Girl Panic is awesome..Simons fave track! Been listening to whatever I can find on youtube can you PLEASE send me the link??

Edited to add: Being Followed rocks along with the title track..Sooooo excited for this album and tour!!!!

sorry- haven't got the link saved but have PM'd some suggestions for places where I know you can find it!

RT and JT were on Sky News yesterday- they said they would be doing some small shows in Feb around the time the cd version of the album comes out- they only mentioned UK shows but can't believe they won't play elsewhere. Am hoping they'll do some album playback gigs

sorry- haven't got the link saved but have PM'd some suggestions for places where I know you can find it!

RT and JT were on Sky News yesterday- they said they would be doing some small shows in Feb around the time the cd version of the album comes out- they only mentioned UK shows but can't believe they won't play elsewhere. Am hoping they'll do some album playback gigs

Thanks!

And to make my Duran mania even more crazy Simon tweeted me last night..actually he responded to me :Dies:

bah, the video got taken down. dd.com says it's on yahoo music, i got an error message. fine fine, i was going to buy the video anyway off itunes because i'm a chump

so-ooo, has anyone heard the album yet? :D thoughts? :hyper:

if I have time this morning I will download from itunes otherwise it will after I get home from work. But I really want to get it on my ipod so I can listen to it at work.:hyper:

john's been kind enough to be obsessively keeping track (with the help of fans around the world too) of its charting in pretty much every country. it's doing great, #1 in several countries, top 10 in a lot too, the lowest chart position i've seen is for oz, #18, though it keeps climbing - and it's the middle of the freaking night there.

i feel like a proud parent or something, i'm just so happy the album sounds as amazing as they said it would and that lots of other people love it too. it'll probably get shit on by critics (it already got a crap (mini?) review in rs, though i'm not surprised) but who cares about that crap.

and i might be hallucinating but the itunes version sounds better it terms of volume too. i nearly blew out my ears (and headphones) the first time i played the leak since i'd been listening to older stuff beforehand.

john's been kind enough to be obsessively keeping track (with the help of fans around the world too) of its charting in pretty much every country. it's doing great, #1 in several countries, top 10 in a lot too, the lowest chart position i've seen is for oz, #18, though it keeps climbing - and it's the middle of the freaking night there.

i feel like a proud parent or something, i'm just so happy the album sounds as amazing as they said it would and that lots of other people love it too. it'll probably get shit on by critics (it already got a crap (mini?) review in rs, though i'm not surprised) but who cares about that crap.

and i might be hallucinating but the itunes version sounds better it terms of volume too. i nearly blew out my ears (and headphones) the first time i played the leak since i'd been listening to older stuff beforehand.

Yeah he sure has. been going tweet crazy and FB posting galore today and understandably so. Album is great and the buzz is skyrocketing and is fun to watch. It's very cool that he is keeping us up to date.. but his fingers must be getting sore from doing this on his blackberry.:D

Does anyone know when AYNIN will be release on Zune Marketplace?

I hate that i-tunes gets everything first, I love my Zune and find the marketplace far more user friendly than i-tunes store...

/MS nerd rant....

Just to share the Duran Love:

q104duranpic.jpg

Partygirl43 on far left with my boyfriend Roger Taylor--March 05.

Back
Top Bottom