Duran Duran Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK didn't know that. That sounds good, considering I just played my vinyl copy of Rio and Save a Prayer sounded a bit dodgy. Couldn't be from endless plays over the centuries... :shifty:

I have the Rio remaster and the DVD concert that was released at the same time on my Amazon wish list. I'll get around to buying them eventually!

Are they supposed to have an album out this year? I'd heard they were working with Mark Ronson.

I have the Rio remaster and the DVD concert that was released at the same time on my Amazon wish list. I'll get around to buying them eventually!

Are they supposed to have an album out this year? I'd heard they were working with Mark Ronson.
yeah, hopefully. they're still working with mark ronson and everything. not sure when it'll be out though. the last update i heard was early this year, but they also wanted to release an ep last summer, so yeah.

plus i'm holding out hope that they might eventually release reportage, the album they were working on before andy left when they decided to hop on the timbaland bandwagon.

I still love Duran Duran and they were my 1st concert as well in 86?? How is that dvd concert? What show is it? I haven't bought any of the remasters yet.

It's a show from the Hammersmith (?) in London (?) from one of the shows supporting Rio.

Pretty sure that's it.

It's a show from the Hammersmith (?) in London (?) from one of the shows supporting Rio.

Pretty sure that's it.
it is :D plus one of their concerts from the huge 83/84 tour will be on the deluxe seven and the ragged tiger remaster.

i'm really hoping (though i doubt it'll happen) that they'll remaster all the albums. while some of their lesser known albums (aka everything else :giggle:) won't sell well, i'm sure they'll double their sales for each album as surely anyone owning them must be hardcore enough to want the remaster too.

yeah, all i keep hearing is that they're in the studio. blah. we've seen what can happen when their material gets overproduced. though simon's been having bouts of writer's block for as long as i can remember (i know since at least the making of medazzaland, but that's just when i became a fan so it might've been earlier too). bah, they just need to give us the album already.

yeah, all i keep hearing is that they're in the studio. blah. we've seen what can happen when their material gets overproduced. . . . bah, they just need to give us the album already.

And, hopefully, better than the last one. I loved "Astronaut", but I never even bothered buying RCM -- everything I heard from it sounded . . . well . . . not good. :down:

And, hopefully, better than the last one. I loved "Astronaut", but I never even bothered buying RCM -- everything I heard from it sounded . . . well . . . not good. :down:
yeah, rcm's kind of a grower album. i appreciated the tracks after hearing them live. but i can still only listen to about half the album. the rest is just boring. it's down there with liberty, the wedding album, and thank you for me. astronaut's awesome though. :up:

Back
Top Bottom