Duran Duran Appreciation Thread - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter

Old 04-29-2016, 11:23 PM   #406
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:25 PM
Duran Duran Appreciation Thread

Just saw them live for the first time. AMAZING show, even if they messed up a few times. At the end of Rio, the crowd started chanting for The Reflex. The band looked more than ready to leave (Simon had said that he was sick), but they performed it. Just as they were leaving, he forced everyone to get off the stage before the crowd requested another song. Really happy I was able to see the show, my parents came along (they have already seen DD before) and had a blast.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:03 PM   #407
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:25 AM
I still really want to see them, but oh boy their most recent album is not very good.

And LA Fitness won't stop pimping "Pressure Off". I think I hear it there EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I go.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:41 PM   #408
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:25 PM
Whenever you get the chance to see them, go. The only songs from the new album that sounded great live were Paper Gods, Pressure Off and What Are the Chances. I've never been a big fan of Last Night in the City and I've never liked Danceophobia, but the latter was a medley with Too Much Information and Girls on Film, which worked out great.

They only played 5 songs from Paper Gods, the rest of the set was pretty much hit after hit after hit. It exceeded my expectations.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #409
Blue Crack Distributor

I really like most of the new album, and the songs were really good live.

Going to see them and Nile Rodgers again in September. It's the same show, but it was so fun, I had to buy a ticket.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:43 PM   #410
Blue Crack Distributor

Since Pressure Off is basically a Nile song, I would NOT be opposed to such a show.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:49 PM   #411
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:25 AM
I like the latest album a lot as well. Not quite on the level as All You Need Is Now, but that's two good albums in a row for a band whose output has been spotty, to say the least.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:45 AM   #412
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:25 AM
i'm just gonna say they're amazing live. and although i haven't seen them yet (my concert is in july), i know they have a knack for taking songs that sound kinda eh in the studio and transforming them into something kick ass live.

(probably still won't like what are the chances though, they don't need any freaking more ballads)

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:09 AM   #413
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:25 AM
I saw them in Brooklyn last month and enjoyed it a lot, even if Simon is supposedly a bit under the weather. Going to see them at least two more times in July, one of which will be in the first row, so that should be a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
Whenever you get the chance to see them, go. The only songs from the new album that sounded great live were Paper Gods, Pressure Off and What Are the Chances. I've never been a big fan of Last Night in the City and I've never liked Danceophobia, but the latter was a medley with Too Much Information and Girls on Film, which worked out great.
I enjoyed the new songs too for the most part and was also particularly big on seeing Too Much Information for the first time (in an dancey, upbeat version anyway). Also saw a proper version of I Don't Want Your Love and White Lines for the first time too, which was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
They only played 5 songs from Paper Gods, the rest of the set was pretty much hit after hit after hit. It exceeded my expectations.
Probably the same thing for most other bands, of course, but if you ever visit a DD discussion board, you'll see that they have the same discussions we have on the U2 ones... "too many hits", "not enough new songs", "why don't they revolve songs from night to night or play (rarity) more," etc. Then you have a situation like The Reflex where it's been dropped from most shows this tour and you see some people say it's a good thing that it's getting a break, while people chant for it at shows or people right in FB comments sections "Why didn't you play The Reflex?!" Still strikes me as pretty funny.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:31 AM   #414
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
(probably still won't like what are the chances though, they don't need any freaking more ballads)

Boo. That's one of the best songs on the album.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #415
Acrobat

http://web.musicaficionado.com/main...._lyndseyparker

Correctomundo!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Tags
duran duran