Duran Duran Appreciation Thread - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter

Old 03-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:19 PM
bought the "CD" today, that comes with a total of 17 songs and also a DVD. Listening to it now

Old 03-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #272
New Yorker

If anyone watched them on Leno tonight, someone might be asking Simon when Bono's going to call for his glasses back!

Huge fan, and in all honesty, I'm probably a bigger Duran fan than a U2 fan. After seeing both bands live though, I'd hold them on about an equal footing. Still great shows, though I have a feeling I never caught DD at their peak, whenever that was (perhaps during the reunion tour dates a few years back). Bought the CD today as well. Favorites so far are probably The Man Who Stole a Leopard, Girl Panic, Being Followed, and Too Bad You're So Beautiful.

Will be heading to the Minneapolis and Chicago dates in April myself. If any of you people are heading there too, let me know!

Old 03-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #273
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 03:19 PM
I also saw them on Leno last night and I was thinking "wow, Simon is sporting the Fly glasses." I liked them though.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #274
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:19 AM
They posted a thing on Facebook that they're rehearsing for the Unstaged show, and are rehearsing The Man Who Stole a Leopard with Kelis.

Dress rehearsal for Unstaged! Simon and Kelis belt out "The Man Who Stole a Leopard" while the production crew figures out how best to use their seven enormous cameras. Dress rehearsal gave everyone chills, it was so incredible. Make sure to tune into the livestream!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #275
Blue Crack Addict

Wow! that's cool.. ^

I guess I am staying up late tonite.. Think it starts 10pm est.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #276
Blue Crack Addict

is there a link to the Leno performance? youtube?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
If anyone watched them on Leno tonight, someone might be asking Simon when Bono's going to call for his glasses back!

Huge fan, and in all honesty, I'm probably a bigger Duran fan than a U2 fan. After seeing both bands live though, I'd hold them on about an equal footing. Still great shows, though I have a feeling I never caught DD at their peak, whenever that was (perhaps during the reunion tour dates a few years back). Bought the CD today as well. Favorites so far are probably The Man Who Stole a Leopard, Girl Panic, Being Followed, and Too Bad You're So Beautiful.

Will be heading to the Minneapolis and Chicago dates in April myself. If any of you people are heading there too, let me know!
Last week was my first time, and all i could say was.....WOW

As for them hitting their peak, other than their early-mid 80's heyday or maybe 93, i don't know. I do say this new album is fantastic. I'm a bigger u2 fan than DD, but honestly, i cant remember the last time u2 put out a new album as good as "all you need is now". Certainly hasn't been this decade...and i like ATYCLB, HTDAAB, & NLOTH. Just saying!

If DD's new album isn't a "hit" or sell a lot of copies and produce at least one radio "hit" single, then the entire music business (mgmt, not the artists) needs to just fold up shop and call it quits.

I'm hoping they play 'man who stole a leopard' tonight. But i also got to say that 'mediterranea' is absurdly good live.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #278
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post
is there a link to the Leno performance? youtube?
YouTube - Duran Duran - All You Need Is Now (Live Tonight Show 3\22\11)
Old 03-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #279
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

ooh thanks cori! i'd forgotten the show was today. looks like i picked the right day to be sick!

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #280
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Last week was my first time, and all i could say was.....WOW

As for them hitting their peak, other than their early-mid 80's heyday or maybe 93, i don't know. I do say this new album is fantastic. I'm a bigger u2 fan than DD, but honestly, i cant remember the last time u2 put out a new album as good as "all you need is now". Certainly hasn't been this decade...and i like ATYCLB, HTDAAB, & NLOTH. Just saying!

If DD's new album isn't a "hit" or sell a lot of copies and produce at least one radio "hit" single, then the entire music business (mgmt, not the artists) needs to just fold up shop and call it quits.

I'm hoping they play 'man who stole a leopard' tonight. But i also got to say that 'mediterranea' is absurdly good live.
Well, I was basically one of those fans they picked up during The Wedding Album era. And I was 8 at the time! I picked up on songs they had in the 90s when they were played on the radio (including Electric Barbarella), and discovered their 80s output somewhere during my teen years. Eventually, I found out all those songs were by the same band, and I find myself here today! I practically grew up with them in a way, though I came aboard later on.

This is probably their most consistent album since Rio in terms of song quality. I'm not too big on some of the extra tracks added to the itunes release, but they have struck the right chord here. And most of the fanbase seems to be happy with it, so everybody wins here I guess.

Mediterranea did sound alright live, though even Leave a Light On did too from a video I saw from a TV performance recently. On top of that, the band is in rehearsals with Kelis for the Leopard song, so they should be playing that tonight. 14 minutes!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #281
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

nice, trevgreg! i became a fan in 96 the same way you did, finding out all these awesome songs were the same band. i loved new moon on monday growing up, i'd always thought it was david bowie.

can't wait to hear what this stuff sounds like live!

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 03-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #282
Blue Crack Distributor

I fell in love in 1983, when I was 10!

/zomgimsoold
Old 03-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #283
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

lol cori's old

Old 03-24-2011, 06:48 AM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

thanks!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #285
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I fell in love in 1983, when I was 10!

/zomgimsoold
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
lol cori's old

Hey! I'm with Cori, so be nice now! (Except I was 8 instead of 10.)

DD was MY before U2. I knew all the debut album singles, but I really fell hard when "Rio" came out. I can't tell you how many times I used to listen to 'Hold Back The Rain' and 'New Religion'.

And don't even get me started on the 'Save A Prayer' video.

Tags
duran duran