Duran Duran Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to listen to Ordinary World and Come Undone all the time in 1993.

Ahh 1993... :heart: when I used to spend all my teenage waking hours watching videos on MTV.

Not a bad song at all. Not quite the golden oldies or more recently 'Mediterranea' or 'Man who stole a leopard', but still, not bad. Catchy as the lead and might do well in clubs.

Will be getting both the deluxe version and the Target version in the morning for the bonus tracks. I've held off on listening to anything besides Pressure Off until today, so tomorrow should be a good day. :D

my physical copies arrived today so i've been listening to them all day. i'd already heard the main 12 tracks which were great, and the extra three songs on the deluxe version are great. can't wait to hear the target bonus tracks.

danceophobia is surprisingly awesome, gotta say.

I like this album as well. Paper Gods, You Kill Me with Silence and What Are the Chances? are excellent tracks.

Just got through a few listens for today. Picked up the Target version before work and the regular deluxe version after work at Best Buy. Overall, I'm in the middle on this one. I wasn't too sure about the electronic-focus or the lack of guitar in parts, from other reviews that I've been hearing. But none of the tracks are terrible and are at the very least okay, and even Danceophobia (my least favorite) isn't a bad track overall... it's got a campy feel to it, but I suppose that's part of the fun, and Lohan's part isn't embarassing by any means.

The bonus tracks are a positive out of this, at least compared to the ones offered for All You Need is Now. I'd even say that Cinderella Ride, Valentine Stones, and Northern Lights are capable of being on the album in place of whatever songs might be at the bottom quality-wise.

Initial Standouts for Me: What are the Chances, Face for Today, Pressure Off, Paper Gods, and The Universe Alone.

i love the album. if i were to make an audio post about it, i'd sound like axver talking about htdaab. there are a couple songs i'm not crazy about (watc and i gotta be in the mood for ykmws) but i love danceophobia far more than i should.

The other day, there was a segment on Entertainment Tonight about the new album, and after the brief interview was over, the ET anchor in the studio said something to the effect of kids should "ask your parents" about Duran Duran. I was like "Fuck that, I am NOT that old!"

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom