Duran Duran Appreciation Thread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter

Old 12-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #136
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:14 AM
hmm, my suggestions for what to listen to next depend on what you thought of pop trash.

and i totally understand your liking rcm - i don't hate it at all, there's actually a handful of songs on there i really enjoy. i'd rank it towards the bottom of my list of their albums but that's not because it sucks, but more that i just love the other albums so much more.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I actually really like Pop Trash! None of the albums left a particularly bad taste in my mouth, just personal preference regarding the rankings.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:49 AM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:14 AM
Catman, you HAVE to listen to the classics! Rio and the eponymous debut Duran Duran.

It's kind of akin to saying you've only ever heard Pop, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and No Line On The Horizon, but have never heard The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby!. Sometimes you just have to hear the classics, even though they may be overhyped to death.

I'm also a big fan of Duran Duran's Notorious album.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:45 AM   #139
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
I actually really like Pop Trash! None of the albums left a particularly bad taste in my mouth, just personal preference regarding the rankings.
oh, i was just curious to get an idea of what to recommend.

rcm is really like nothing else in their discography, the closest thing to it is notorious and even that's a bit of a stretch. if you like pop trash, you might like medazzaland as well.

and of course like fitz said, there's their classic two albums.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 12-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Okay, I just downloaded their "Greatest Hits" and I'd say my favorite songs so far are...

Ordinary World
Come Undone
Skin Trade
Rio
New Moon on Monday
Save a Prayer
Electric Barbarella
Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
Catman, you HAVE to listen to the classics!

It's kind of akin to saying you've only ever heard Pop, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and No Line On The Horizon, but have never heard The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby!.
Heh, that's a good analogy. I suppose I will load up my grooveshark account and start loading up the tunes. Thanks for the recommendations, yo

EDIT: Just listened to the 2 new tracks that have leaked - not too big on the 1st single, but I kinda adore "Mediterranea"
Old 12-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #141
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

you're welcome

ooh, and i just read the news, the single's release date has been pushed up and will be coming out on the 8th.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:46 AM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

'New Religion' came up on random on my iPod while I was driving in my car today and it sounded sooooo good! I haven't heard it in a while, so I cranked up the volume and blasted it . . . two times in a row!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #143
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

just downloaded the song off itunes

Old 12-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:14 AM
must go get this album tonite when i get home from work..
Old 12-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #145
Refugee

Just got the new song! <All You Need Is Now.
The album isn't out yet(21 Dec).I like this song but I was wondering if maybe they should have had 'Being Followed' as the first single.

Here's a clip of Being Followed that Mark Ronson had on his radio show a couple weeks ago. This is classic Duran Duran!!

Old 12-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I don't know what the problem is, but iTunes USA still doesn't have the new song. DD posted on Facebook last night that they had alerted iTunes the song wasn't available everywhere across the globe like it was supposed to be and that iTunes was correcting the problem, but here we are a day later and still no 'All You Need Is Now' in the U.S.

Booooo!

EDIT: Nevermind the above. I literally *just* check and it's there now and for FREE.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #147
War Child

Local Time: 10:14 AM
good to find some DD fans over here as well

the official website is now previewing the bonkers sounding "The Man who stole a leopard"- which sounds like a cross between Duran Duran and PSB's- with Kelis sharing the vocals- the 50 seconds I heard sounded brilliant

I gather that much of the i-tunes album has now leaked- various tracks are on you tube- Being Followed, Girl Panic, Leopard are definitely there

I'm trying to resist listening to too much of it before 21 Dec
Old 12-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #148
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

yeah, i can't decide if i should listen to anything else or not. i mean, the album comes out in a week and a half. their last album was out in 2007, if i've waited that long i can wait a little more to hear everything.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #149
Refugee

Holy, it's awesome! The Man Who Stole A Leopard...........

Warning, it's the full version so avoid if you want to wait for the album. Classic DD though! The harmonies are magic!

Old 12-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #150
Refugee

Tonight at 1am GMT/8pm EST, Simon and Nick will be on Mark Ronson's "Authentic Sh*t" radio programme. It's on East Village Radio in NY live and they will be premiering The Man Who Stole A Leopard.

East Village Radio - Shows - Authentic Sh-t

Tags
duran duran