Drake Says He's the First Person to Successfully Rap and Sing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
"There were people who incorporated melody before me," said Drake, "but I would deem myself the first person to successfully rap and sing."

Drake Says He's The First Person To Successfully Rap And Sing | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

Please join me and
Drake Says He's The First Person To Successfully Rap And Sing. Here's why he's wrong. | Rap Genius Blog
in posting examples of why he is so very wrong.

(I don't care if you post examples from the article in here, this is an interesting topic to me, since this is my favorite type of hip hop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6QKqFPRZSA

Lauryn Hill was busy making the Grammy's AOTY doing the same thing while Aubrey was still in a wheelchair.

Other examples:

OutKast - Hey Ya! - YouTube

"Transformer" - Gnarls Barkley - YouTube

Kanye West - Heartless - YouTube

And everyone's favorite:

Biz Markie - Just A Friend (Official Video) - YouTube

Drake with the
Loser.gif

Title should be "drake says something to gain attention; people still think he's a whiny bitch."

I've never actually heard a drake song, it's just mostly any time I've heard about him he seems like a whiny bitch.

:love:

One my my all time faves!

Did you see him at Danforth recently? Mark and I were there and hung out with him backstage; he and Mark know one another from high school.

:up:

I think that's his best too.

No, didn't know he was playing. Cool you got to hang out with him. Nice guy?

Do any of the Americans know K-os? If not, it's a shame that talented guys like him go unnoticed, while guys like Drake get all kinds of acclaim

I love his verse on Fuckin Problems (although he can't pull off the "this long dick nigga ain't for the long talking I beast" line), but that's it. Everything else I've heard of his is just flat. Ordinary verse on Poetic Justice.

I like that he considers himself a "real" singer, unlike Mos Def or Nate Dogg, when he is a merely adequate singer himself. He sings in the same key all the time with zero dynamics or projection and 9 times out of 10 just sings the hook anyway (I'm On One is a good example) instead of singing the whole track.

It's an incredible album. Love the way he thoughtfully mumbles his way through the opening track Fear Not of Man either. Ten times the artistic statement Drake will ever put out.

My vote is for K-os. Drake is an ego-maniac with a nasal voice and a repetitive lyric habit.....oh wait isn't that generally the whole DNA of what rap is?

Back
Top Bottom