Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Live at Eden EP is decent quality from what I remember, but it's an EP.

I think I'm going to wait until it's available to purchase, and grab it online.

Does anyone have the "Some Cities Live EP"? Been checking to see if the new song was on iTunes yet, and realized I'd missed this digital only EP. The clips sound pretty good quality wise, what do you think if you have it?

So now that we've had about a year or so, where would you guys rate Kingdom of Rust in comparison to the other albums?

Does anyone have the "Some Cities Live EP"? Been checking to see if the new song was on iTunes yet, and realized I'd missed this digital only EP. The clips sound pretty good quality wise, what do you think if you have it?

you know, i just happened to see it on itunes the other day. that EP completely blew over my head, so i just grabbed it for the $4 or whatever. it's pretty good. your standard live Doves.

So now that we've had about a year or so, where would you guys rate Kingdom of Rust in comparison to the other albums?

as a complete album, i hold Kingdom Of Rust in high regards. i actually put it 2nd behind Lost Souls. the song Kingdom Of Rust is not only my favorite Doves song, but it's inching up there as one of my favorite songs of all time. it's just all sorts of perfect.

Yeah, the title track is fantastic. I REALLY like the music video as well. I keep meaning to buy the acoustic version of it off of iTunes.

When I first heard it I ranked KOR as their most consistent, but having been listening to a lot of Lost Souls I'd say they're either tied in my book or LS has a slight edge. But I love all the things they tried on KOR and how well it all worked together anyway.

Crap, I apparently need to listen to it more! Despite liking it, I'd probably say it's my least fav of everything they've done at the moment. I haven't listened to it as much as all of the others, mainly because I don't find myself wanting to hear it as much, so that probably has something to do with it. I do like it though, just not as much as the others at the moment.

I'll give it another spin later today.

Still in the vast minority here: Some Cities is far and away my favorite Doves album.

Kingdom Of Rust is good, but I'm with Mr. popmofo, I need to listen to it more since it didn't grab me the first 3 or 4 listens I gave it, however, the song that did completely grab me and shake me like a rag doll was 'The Outsiders' -- love that song!

Doves According To FitzC:
Some Cities
Lost Souls
Kingdom Of Rust
The Last Broadcast

the only complaint i have about Kingdom Of Rust is that Push Me On didn't make the album.

i think it may have only been UK only. i believe it's going to be on Disc 2 of the Best Of release. otherwise, i'd email it to you.

Back
Top Bottom