Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Continuing a recurring theme, I think TLB has my favorite songs, but Lost Souls gets my vote as best album. Kingdom of Rust took me months of listening before I decided I would like it nearly as much, but I'm concluding that it is up there with those two albums. I think Some Cities is weaker as a whole, but it has its moments and is definitely worth checking out. These guys consistently put out great work!

I'm desperately hoping to see this band live before I die... which I'm seeing is going to be a challenge, requiring a U2-like commitment of money and travel. :sad:

Am kicking myself for getting into them too late to catch them on their recently completed tour, but will make sure to see them next time around. I hear they're great live.

Oh yeah. I've seen them three times so far and they're fantastic :heart: At one show I was -this- close to getting a tambourine Jim gave away at the end of the concert :)

^ Funny, I've got a bootleg someplace where Jim is giving the crowd hell because someone tried to steal a tambourine! :wink: He caught the person trying to take it off the stage. I think it was Toronto, back around the time of Lost Souls...

Lost Souls is still my fav, but all the albums are quite stacked song wise. You should definitely check out the rest, Peefer. Great band, great albums.

:up:

I agree with this scummy/scuzzy poster.

I've been fortunate to be on the Doves bandwagon since MTV2 played the video for "Catch the Sun" and I was immediately hooked.

Yes, MTV2 used to play cool videos not all that long ago.

Cool. North America will probably get a 1 disc version or something though.

Actually, I was right. It says on the link that the US only has a 1 disc version planned.

:|

So, new single sometime in March then? That could mean in the next week or two, woo hoo!

1 disc US version? Screw that, the import is mine.

Enjoy it when it comes out people, from interviews last year it sounds like we won't be getting anything new from them for a long time.

That sucks, but there was 4 years between the last 2 albums, so most fans should be prepared I guess.

That sucks, but there was 4 years between the last 2 albums, so most fans should be prepared I guess.

I forget which member it was, but he was saying that they always go in with such divergent ideas that the whole process is just arduous and daunting for them, as much as they do enjoy creating new music. I have to applaud them for their production skills, but I wonder if an outside producer might help alleviate that.

yeah, i pretty much figured it would be another 4 years. gosh, this band is so damn good though. not one weak album from them.

Yeah they tour the US, I saw them last June, but what I meant was that they don't tour when they don't have a new release.

by the way, could anyone point towards a high audio quality doves bootleg? i've found a couple in the past, but they're all maybe 3/5 audience recordings.

Back
Top Bottom