Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you don't need a UK account to listen to the 30 second clips of the album tracks. i live in the US and was able to listen. just go to the bottom of your itunes and change the setting to United Kingdom.

by the way, the clips sound amazing. i really can't wait to hear this.

i don't know if this has been posted before, but here are youtube clips of new songs in concert (they kick ass!)

YouTube - Doves Warrington Parr Hall 12/03/2009 The Outsider

YouTube - Doves Warrington 12/03/2009 The Greatest Denier

I don't know why but I had been listening to them casually for a while and nothing really clicked, they were just OK, then this past week I've gotten really into them, and while I was at the new Boston HoB I grabbed a ticket for their show in June, no fees :drool:

Powerhousehour, I am going to charge you numerous fees for being able to see them while I sit in sadness here in Utah.

Downloading now. Any first impressions?

i don't see how this album is any weaker than Lost Souls. it's incredible, IMO. early standouts are Winter Hill, 10:03, Spellbound, and Compulsion. and of course the title track is gorgeous as well.

Now you know how I feel with any and every piece of music I'm excited for, Elfafa.

Regardless, it's not long off by any means. We'll be enjoying it legally and with a clean conscience soon.

Now you know how I feel with any and every piece of music I'm excited for, Elfafa.

Regardless, it's not long off by any means. We'll be enjoying it legally and with a clean conscience soon.

my concience is clear. if it weren't for illegal downloading, i would have never found this band and later purchased all their albums, which i plan on doing with this one. but continue to judge me at will. :wave:

Dinny worry yourself man. doves band are no stranger to illegal activities themselves. ;)

Go grab it, enjoy it and then get yourself a ticket for the tour. Sorted! :)

Have a good one,

Nick

this album is amazing. not one weak track...it has a massive, epic sound, without compromising complexity in the songcraft.

hard to pick a favorite. i thought the title track was great when i first heard it, but there are 4 or 5 other songs that are even better. for now, i would say 10:03 and Spellbound are my favorites.

if you are a fan, i don't see how you could be disappointed.

I already loved Jetstream and Kingdom of Rust, found House of Mirrors this afternoon and I'm loving that too. I don't have the whole thing yet, but I'll check out that link.

I think the production alone on this album is enough to shatter the problem of lumping them in with other 'similar' British bands.

so difficult to judge an album after only 2-3 listens but i'm loving it at the mo.

worth the wait indeed.

I've become too weak with leaks now that they often come with good sound quality.

Lifelines is a gorgeous closer.

Back
Top Bottom