Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love the song, love the video. :up:

This album may very well end up being even more atmospheric and moody than Lost Souls, which pretty much means I will absolutely love it.

Doves has always been one of those bands that I half-like, and the other half of me just isn't impressed. There's nothing to dislike about them, but not all that much musically interesting, does sound nice though, although I don't much care for the singer's voice a lot of the time.

This band really can do no wrong in my eyes. Kingdom Of Rust is fantastic too. Can't wait for this record.

How does everyone feel now about Some Cities in retrospect?

When it came out, I would have quickly told you it was easily my second favorite in regards to their "albums". Now I'm kinda leading more towards it being in last place. I still like it quite a great deal though, tough to say.

How does everyone feel now about Some Cities in retrospect?

When it came out, I would have quickly told you it was easily my second favorite in regards to their "albums". Now I'm kinda leading more towards it being in last place. I still like it quite a great deal though, tough to say.

The songs on that album that I like, I really fucking like...but there are a few too many that I skip.

The songs on that album that I like, I really fucking like...but there are a few too many that I skip.

I sorta feel that way about Last Broadcast. The tracks on there that I like are beyond fantastic, but there's a bit more filler than I'm used to for the band. Some Cities feels more consistent as a proper album to me, but there aren't nearly as many stand outs as their past efforts.

Tough to decide. :hmm:

I sorta feel that way about Last Broadcast. The tracks on there that I like are beyond fantastic, but there's a bit more filler than I'm used to for the band. Some Cities feels more consistent as a proper album to me, but there aren't nearly as many stand outs as their past efforts.

Tough to decide. :hmm:

I feel that way about Last Broadcast, too, sometimes. :) I like both, and vacillate between which I prefer...but Lost Souls remains my overall favorite, and I can picture myself at age 90 still loving Catch the Sun. :) If I'm not a victim of Knife Crime by then. :(

Back
Top Bottom