Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are indeed working on an album, but yeah, takin' 'er slow I guess.

Next time I just won't respond, jerks. :angry:

Anyways, they're apparently playing a couple shows in September, maybe they'll play some new tracks. Lost Souls is one of the best albums of the last 10 years in my opinion.

Next time I just won't respond, jerks. :angry:

Anyways, they're apparently playing a couple shows in September, maybe they'll play some new tracks. Lost Souls is one of the best albums of the last 10 years in my opinion.

I love all three of their albums. Your buddy IYS loves and hates them at the same time. I hate and hate you at the same time.

I like all 3 albums quite a bit as well, but Lost Souls still majorly stands out to me. I love the atmosphere of the album, the entire thing is solid. Even though Last Broadcast has some of their absolute best songs, I can't help but feel like it has a decent amount of filler as well. None of the songs are bad really, some are kinda just there for me I guess. I loved Some Cities and rated it in my year end list the year it came out, but I don't seem to find myself wanting to hear many of the songs from it the last year or two. Lost Souls has aged really well to my ears though, still pretty impressive and unique sound.

I randomly went into one of my favorite local independent chain record stores a few years ago and they were selling a Doves live EP that was only available at independent stores, 'Live at Eden'. It's mainly Last Broadcast songs and one or two Lost Souls songs I think. Great stuff. They sound really good live on it, I'd love to see them. Like Elbow, they've been one of those bands I've wanted to see since the moment I heard their first album, hopefully I'll get a chance sometime. :up:

They've been working on something for a while, and have a couple shows coming up.

Here's the latest from their wikipedia page, which is similar to what I've heard through their myspace.

The band are currently working on new material for their fourth album. The album was originally expected to be released in late 2007, but according to their blog, it was delayed. They have recorded tracks including '10.03', 'Winter Hill', 'Disco Eyam', 'Devils in the Detail', 'Spellbound', 'House Of Mirrors', 'Drifter', 'Kingdom Of Rust' and 'Jetstream'. In a June 19, 2008 update posted in their blog: "We aim to have this record finished by the end of summer, songs are already starting to be mixed..."
The band also has an unofficial fourth member named Martin Roman Rebelski. He plays keyboards, but has more recently produced his own album, Thanks For Your Thoughts.

Pounding and Satellites were inspirations for a screenplay I am working on.

I personally am a huge fan of Sea Song and Rise. Last Broadcast is amazing too but I always end up playing Sea Song and Rise often :heart: They are one of my favorite live acts. I have enjoyed both of their shows quite a bit and never felt the inside of my chest vibrate so much as I have when I have attended one of their shows. I would love to see them back on the road again.

I think you need to move to a better location! :angry:

Believe it or not, my location actually is quite good for shows, but we still get skipped over by a lot of groups who aren't from the US and give Utah the general stereotypes you'd assume.

But I did see Elbow earlier this year, so hopefully Doves aren't far behind from making a visit.

Back
Top Bottom