Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lost Souls is a brilliant album. I'm not as big a fan of their other two, but I'll likely check out the new one when it's out. But again, Lost Souls = YEAH.

E-mail from Doves web site today:

"Hello

Just wanted to start by letting you all know we've finally finished our new album & after a week of compiling the track order & other details I can confirm we're all made up with it, we reckon its our most diverse record yet. Looking forward to it being out there for people to listen to(will be released sometime in April)

We're also looking forward to being released from our doves bunker & to being fully integrated back into society & playing live again. Lots of gigs are being planned for 2009,just the u.k & the u.s at the moment, but we are hoping to go further a field too. Also, keep your eyes peeled for our new website over the next couple of weeks.
As always thanks for you're patience & support ,
We will be seeing you soon

Doves"

:dance: :applaud:

"If you want to get your filthy mitts on a track from our new album, put enter your email and pick your country in the form to the right, and that's it...

Being fans of the Vangelis film score, 'Blade Runner', we always wanted to write an imaginary song for the closing credits on Ridley Scott's classic... It's called Jetstream...

Doves"

I love Doves very much, but this song did not do anything for me at all. I only gave it two listens, so perhaps it'll be a grower.

Regardless, cannot wait for the new album and subsequent tour. One of my best concert moments ever was hearing "Catch the Sun" Live, in a small little venue, with fellow Doves devotees. :up:

Apparently it's the opening track of the album, and it does a great job kicking things off with atmospheric Doves goodness I think.

I'd been meaning to mention that I was flipping through channels on Sunday, and there was some surfing movie that starred the girl who plays Lois Lane in Superman Returns on, and I had to stop and watch for a couple minutes because 'Firesuite' was playing in it.

After listening to it more, I can't believe NSW doesn't like it. In fact, I refuse to believe that he doesn't like it.

After listening to it more, I can't believe NSW doesn't like it. In fact, I refuse to believe that he doesn't like it.

I will give it a few listens tonight, and we'll see if it grows.

I'm a huge Blade Runner fan, and adore the soundtrack.

Maybe I was too fucking tired to appreciate it.

I'll report back tonight. Let's all remember, NSW LURVES Doves.

Drupal

148778.doveskingdom.jpg

I always thought Doves were a cut above their bargain basement Britpop brethren. They don't stop at riffs-- they have grooves, too. But it's been a while since their last album, 2005's Some Cities. Admittedly, I haven't thought about them much the last four years, but I'll welcome news of their new album and single all the same.

The grit: The fourth Doves album, Kingdom of Rust, will be released on April 6 in the UK and a day later on Astralwerks in the U.S. The trio are playing a few UK dates in advance of the album's release, as well. A U.S. tour will follow later in the spring.

You can download first single "Jetstream" for free at the group's newly revamped website. Considering it's a comeback single and all, the propulsive track never fully, you know, takes off. Still: Better than Travis.

Thanks to Robert Zuehlke for the heads up.

Kingdom of Rust:

01 Jetstream
02 Kingdom of Rust
03 The Outsiders
04 Winter Hill
05 10.03
06 The Greatest Denier
07 Birds Flew Backwards
08 Spellbound
09 Compulsion
10 House of Mirrors
11 Lifelines