Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uggh, you guyz are killing me with all this concert talk. Doves, why has thou forsaken me?!!

I feel for you U2popmofo, but a band that's unknown in the US probably isn't all that likely to headline a show in Utah :(

they really did put on a great show last night. they played some new tunes, off the top of my head i recall kingdom of rust, 10.03, jetstream (opener). they also played some old stuff like almost forgot myself, pounding, and there goes the fear (closer). i had so much fun!

they really did put on a great show last night. they played some new tunes, off the top of my head i recall kingdom of rust, 10.03, jetstream (opener). they also played some old stuff like almost forgot myself, pounding, and there goes the fear (closer). i had so much fun!

Uni, did they play 'The Cedar Room'? Or have they just left it off the setlist for this tour? :sad:

I'll take a shot in the dark and say that it has something to do with the fact you live in Utah. But it's only a guess. :wink:

I feel for you U2popmofo, but a band that's unknown in the US probably isn't all that likely to headline a show in Utah :(

They originally had a Utah date planned for the tour for Some Cities, but it ended up getting canceled because of some sort of problem that I can't remember now.

Utah actually gets as many, if not more, shows that most of the other "major" cities in this area (Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Boise, etc.) The problem is that most artists seem to think it's ok to just schedule one show in one of those cities, and that will be ok for the region. So a band will either ONLY do a show in SLC, or ONLY do a show in Vegas, etc. It's super annoying. If they played here, they'd have a good turn out. It's that simple. There was a full house at Elbow, there'd be just as big if not bigger of a turnout for Doves. It seems bands that have previously played SLC realize that it's a good place for shows, and then will return. It's just getting bands to come here initially to figure this out. As Broken Social Scene said last year, "Why have we wasted all this time playing in Denver when we could have come here?"

It seems smaller bands, particularly smaller bands from outside this country stick to the coasts, and the major cities in the middle of the country like Chicago, maybe a date or two in Texas, STL, etc, another reason I wouldn't want to live in a more disconnected middle of the country states, some of them, particularly in the West certainly have astounding natural wonders, but I like my connectedness, and being a stone's throw from other states/cities. Plus Boston's my favorite city in the country as far as wandering around, and having an odd personality/charm, I also love its mix of history and modern innovation.

...I guess we're different, Some Cities is my least favorite, it has some good tracks, but its a bit less enjoyable/musically interesting than any of their others, I think KOR is their most consistent effort, but Last Broadcast is probably my favorite.

Here's a direct link of the song. Culture Bully is generally really good at posting most everything played musically on TV along with an MP3 (which there is one of this performance at the link).

Doves on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

By the way, this was a fantastic performance. :up:

Back
Top Bottom