doors vs the clash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allbecauseofu2

Refugee
i always seem to , for some reason when it comes to those "this band vs band" contests, i compare these bands. both only around for a short time. both considered influencal. clash-called the only band the ever mattered. the doors, one of the greatest american rock bands ever. both lead singers and face of the bands have passed. some things in common. some not. etc. any feelings?

Not an obsessed fan of either. The Clash are less overrated, although it is difficult to be more overrated than The Doors.

In short: which one made London Calling?

led zeppelin the most overrated band ever.

and you're an idiot for pitting these bands against each other.

doors were a super band , you know best drummer , best singer , best keyboard player , best songs , best drugs , etct etc .....

and clash is the clash

love'em both

:drool:

The doors are great if you're into self indulgent 10 minute organ solos :down:

Clash all the way. Guns of Brixton, baby

no these bands have alot in common that can be discussed. think about it.

1.bands only around for a short time but having major impact.
2.had the same amount of output (roughly) while all 4 major members of the band were in.
3. lead singers have passed, in different ways and circumstances.
4.both popular in times of rebellion in thier countrys.
5.both tried diffrent styles of music in thier albums.
6.both been arrested. or some members of each band were at least.
7.both in rock and roll hall of fame
8. both bands gone before thier time. but legacy is big.
9. have a rapid fanbase that still worships thier music. and thought about what might have been.
10.live shows were a adventure and historic.

so yea these bands are very comparable. short time, huge impact. i believe i have some valid reasons.

I could honestly give those same reasons for dozens of bands though, so I still don't understand the need to compare the two..

While I do like both, I'd take The Clash by miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles an miles and miles and miles.

And miles.

it is difficult to be more overrated than The Doors.
The Clash, every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Clash all the way.

The Clash are far better

I'd take The Clash by miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles an miles and miles and miles.

And miles.

the Doors kind of suck so there's that...

Give me the Clash any day.

I hate the Doors more than I care to explain.

the Doors suck. Suck, I tell you.

I knew there was a reason why I hang out here. I like you guys. Clash FTW.

lol well yea. lol. the doors not doing too well. can you give the reasons why exactly the doors stink and the clash rules? i can go alot of diffrent directions with this. 1, the doors, are viewed as one guy being above and beyond the band, being morrison. and that kinda hurts the band a bit. the aura and mystiqe that surrounds him and his death, spirit, poetry, etc. and this idea that he;s still alive, this and that. the clash are the clash. i notice thier fans don't view one guy above everywhere else. doors fans , hardcore ones, view morrison as being so far above the other 3. is that what this is about?

Why not compare Belle & Sebastian with Jonny Wilkinson's left boot while you're at it?

That said, the Clash. By a few more miles as quoted by u2popmofo.

And because they never wrote a song with a lyric about a toad and passed it off as poetry.

While I do like both, I'd take The Clash by miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles an miles and miles and miles.

And miles.

roger daltrey might agree. and he claims he can see that far.

i'm comparing these bands, because its just something different then the always, stones vs the beatles, zeppelin vs sabbath, maiden vs priest, our own u2 vs rem, . or this guitarist vs hendrix etc so and so forth. comparing two bands that ended before thier times. that right thier is whats interesting to me. and the fact they don't sound alike at all makes it more intresting. for the people who hate the doors, i do find it hard to believe you don;t even like roadhouse blues. witch is one of the greatest rock songs ever written. i thought that would be a exception. i know clash def wins the the battle of who has cooler sounding song titles such as , "ghetto defendent", "police on my back","washington bullets" ," White Man In Hammersmith Palais" .

Back
Top Bottom