DMA’s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha of course you like DMAs!

Kinda generic cardboard rock, and the one time I caught about 20 minutes of their set at Laneway they were all dressed as if they were speed dealers.

Yeah, without having delved too deeply they're one of those names I associate with buffing out a festival lineup to a respectable number of acts.

Or perhaps they're just Tony Abbott fans, which is probably worse than being a speed dealer.

They dress like bogans/chavs but they do make a good tune

Who else have Australia got at the moment that's any good?

These guys sound good live too - shame they haven't come to NZ in a while.

Last edited:
Yeah, lol.

I've refused to listen to DMAs ever since that fucking Cher inexplicably ended up in the top 10 of a Hottest 100. It's a completely pedestrian cover and everyone lost their minds over it.

I stumbled upon the DMAs at Falls about 4-5 years back and was quite blown away by how unapologetically lad rock they were. The call backs to Madchester icons like the Roses and the Mondays hooked me in for the full set.

Then they released Hills End which was surprisingly mature, for a band that seemed like pure gimmickry. It's patchy, but for every forgettable song there is a feel-good beauty to get behind (Lay Down, Melbourne, Straight Dimensions).

I've spun the new album a couple of times, Dawning and Warsaw the early highlights.

It's unfortunate that they are most well known for Delete (their Wonderwall supposedly). It's boring as batshit.

And I generally don't bother with Like a Versions cause they contaminate the JJJ100. I didn't like Cher's original, so never bothered with the DMA version.

Back
Top Bottom