DJ AM, R.I.P. :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was your roommate formerly addicted to crack? I'm thinking not.

I only ask because this dude was at one point addicted to crack. This is not a recent phenomenon with this guy, not sure if you know that or not.

I didn't know about the actual bag of crack when I posted. The first article I read had crack pipe in quotes.
My roommate did have quite a collection of bowls though. Some of which looked like crack pipes. See what happened to me when I assumed?????

lol. not even once. Some one had to be able to pay the pizza guy and make sure he didn't get a $20 tip. Now alcohol poisoning, I can tell you something about that.

. . .It was very bad. Don't let it happen to you. :themoreyouknow:

Not even once? Wow. Me too, actually.

Never got alcohol poisoning, but did once fall down a spiral flight of steps and immediately passed out at the bottom of the stairs.

straight_edge.jpg

I was 17.

I sort of abstain from both, which works best for me.

Ah, okay, that explains it a bit more. I can totally respect abstaining. I wish I could a lot of the time, but I'm technically a medical user, so that's not happening anytime soon. Plus, with alcohol, I've seen way too many people get hurt by that. Just this year, a friend of mine got his hand sliced in a drunken blood brothers fiasco and then later that month fell through his window and woke up covered in glass and blood.

Ah, okay, that explains it a bit more. I can totally respect abstaining. I wish I could a lot of the time, but I'm technically a medical user, so that's not happening anytime soon. Plus, with alcohol, I've seen way too many people get hurt by that. Just this year, a friend of mine got his hand sliced in a drunken blood brothers fiasco and then later that month fell through his window and woke up covered in glass and blood.

Growing up, I saw people do stupid things under the influence of both. The # of alcohol related stupidity was of course higher, but, a friend's brother was killed while driving, and he was stoned, not drunk. I don't look at these incidents as reasons why nobody should drink, or smoke pot....I just looked at them as reasons why I shouldn't do too much, if any of either. So, I did my share of drinking to get drunk in my teens and early 20's, then stopped as it started to bore me. Also, the potheads I grew up with are so fucking useless now, it's sad. But, I also know frequent users who are insanely sharp to the point that you'd never suspect that they used. Again, these are limited observations and have informed only the way I feel about how I should go about my business, not how I feel others should. Whatever opinions I currently have on these issues are more a result of reading and listening to other people's experiences.

I really don't care what people do as long as it does not hurt others, and hopefully does not hurt themselves. Sadly, once you start getting into the realm of drugs that are not pot, you're going to end up...at the very least...hurting yourself...and I guess that's when I start paying attention again.

Growing up, I saw people do stupid things under the influence of both. The # of alcohol related stupidity was of course higher, but, a friend's brother was killed while driving, and he was stoned, not drunk. I don't look at these incidents as reasons why nobody should drink, or smoke pot....I just looked at them as reasons why I shouldn't do too much, if any of either. So, I did my share of drinking to get drunk in my teens and early 20's, then stopped as it started to bore me. Also, the potheads I grew up with are so fucking useless now, it's sad. But, I also know frequent users who are insanely sharp to the point that you'd never suspect that they used. Again, these are limited observations and have informed only the way I feel about how I should go about my business, not how I feel others should. Whatever opinions I currently have on these issues are more a result of reading and listening to other people's experiences.

I really don't care what people do as long as it does not hurt others, and hopefully does not hurt themselves. Sadly, once you start getting into the realm of drugs that are not pot, you're going to end up...at the very least...hurting yourself...and I guess that's when I start paying attention again.

I'm sorry about your friend's brother.

Driving under the influence of anything is one action I will never understand. As for potheads being useless, I've seen plenty of them too. On the other hand, this past semester I smoked more than 95% of people ever will in their entire lives, and I made the dean's list for the first time in my 2 years here. It's all dependent on the individual. Of course, like you said, these are just my observations based on what I've seen and experienced. But, you're right, when it starts to hurt others or the person themselves, it becomes a problem.

I'm sorry about your friend's brother.

Driving under the influence of anything is one action I will never understand. As for potheads being useless, I've seen plenty of them too. On the other hand, this past semester I smoked more than 95% of people ever will in their entire lives, and I made the dean's list for the first time in my 2 years here. It's all dependent on the individual. Of course, like you said, these are just my observations based on what I've seen and experienced. But, you're right, when it starts to hurt others or the person themselves, it becomes a problem.

Thanks.

And, yeah, like I said, I know some people that smoke every day, in the morning and at night, and they're incredibly sharp and motivated, etc. As you say, it mostly depends on the individual.

Do you smoke that much purely for medicinal purposes, or is it a combo of need and pleasure?

Thanks.

And, yeah, like I said, I know some people that smoke every day, in the morning and at night, and they're incredibly sharp and motivated, etc. As you say, it mostly depends on the individual.

Do you smoke that much purely for medicinal purposes, or is it a combo of need and pleasure?

Mostly medicinal. I'll PM you the long story. It makes more sense when fully explained.

regarding drugs, i would say i'm in a similar camp nsw is in. i've seen the bad side of drug abuse (this is putting it mildly) and personally will never have any because of that. well and also because smoking anything makes me ill. but i know not everyone becomes a blithering idiot when stoned.

He was a DJ. Hence the name.

I lol'd.

Yeah, but....that's pretty broad term. Would i know any of his tunes? Was he on the radio? Or was he just one of those dudes that went around NY and LA with a bunch of other people's music and then played it? I'll tell you this: Whatever he did, he was no Cousin Brucey, that's for damn sure.

Yeah, but....that's pretty broad term. Would i know any of his tunes? Was he on the radio? Or was he just one of those dudes that went around NY and LA with a bunch of other people's music and then played it? I'll tell you this: Whatever he did, he was no Cousin Brucey, that's for damn sure.
he was also in crazy town, who had a hit like 1400 years ago with butterfly.

Back
Top Bottom