DJ AM, R.I.P. :sad: - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywithspinninghead View Post
Perhaps the post-traumatic stress of the accident and survivor's guilt were too overwhelming
I guess that's possible, sure. But if he were suffering that badly from all of that, it would have impacted his work, too, no? And I don't think there's any tangible evidence of that. Besides, crack seems like an odd way to cope with stress and guilt. But, yeah, anything is possible.

I just find it hard to conjure up too much sympathy when his room seems like it was a mini-drug den. Maybe I'm too harsh when it comes to such things.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:30 PM
Death does not take no for an answer.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:30 PM
So what Dalton is hypothesizing here is that this is all just viral marketing for The Final Destination.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #19
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

3D
Old 08-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #20
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:30 PM
I'm sure it's real easy to judge someone's life from the outside look in, through the internet... And it's even easy to say someone's place looked like a drug-den when told to you from a fourth hand perspective.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I'm sure it's real easy to judge someone's life from the outside look in, through the internet... And it's even easy to say someone's place looked like a drug-den when told to you from a fourth hand perspective.
Yes, it is.

I don't really have a problem making a judgement based on what I read. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, won't be the first time, won't be the last. The cops found a crack pipe in his apartment, though, that much seems clear. I mean, if my terminology is a little hyperbolic, fine then, but, he HAD A CRACK PIPE in his apartment, and he had just finished doing a show about drug addiction. Not sure that it's a stretch to assume drugs played a part in his death. I know a lot of people that have dealt with, and are currently dealing with depression, and not one of them are on fucking crack, nor do they even own a crack pipe (just in case DJ AM was not on crack, but, you know, happened to have a crack pipe in the apartment, for emergencies). Nor do they consent to do documentaries for MTV, a cure-all if ever there was one.

There's a Ted Kennedy RIP thread, and I posted my respects in there. There was a thread for John Hughes, I posted my respects in there. (Let's put aside the questionable nature of mourning on the internet for people you don't even know) I'm not going from death thread to death thread and showing disrespect. It's just hard for me to conjure up much sympathy when it SEEMS like this man made major contributions towards his own demise. That's just how I feel, that's how I look at the use of recreational drugs.

And, BVS, no long-winded reply of yours is going to make me feel differently, in case you're foaming at the mouth getting ready to tell me that how I feel or think is wrong. I know that you are burdened not only with having the correct opinion all the time, but with the insatiable need to let everyone know that their opinion is incorrect. In this case, though, save it for Financeguy or Indy500.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Old 08-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywithspinninghead View Post
Perhaps the post-traumatic stress due to the accident and survivor's guilt were too overwhelming
I read that he was suffering from depression as a result of the accident. Who knows. Who knows why someone has to suffer psychological reprecussions and can't just have that fluffy "I'm so happy to be alive!" feeling, but it looks like he did. Either way, so unfortunate. RIP.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

lmao @ the "crack pipe." Are they sure it's not a bowl? If my college roommate was found dead in our apartment they might have thought she had a crack pipe too. They also would have thought our apartment was a "drug den", when, in fact, it was not. lulz

But yeah, addiction makes me sad. I see I'm pretty much alone in that sentiment in this thread and that's okay with me. Everyone has different experiences.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Was your roommate formerly addicted to crack? I'm thinking not.

I only ask because this dude was at one point addicted to crack. This is not a recent phenomenon with this guy, not sure if you know that or not.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoneyAlways View Post
lmao @ the "crack pipe." Are they sure it's not a bowl? If my college roommate was found dead in our apartment they might have thought she had a crack pipe too. They also would have thought our apartment was a "drug den", when, in fact, it was not. lulz

But yeah, addiction makes me sad. I see I'm pretty much alone in that sentiment in this thread and that's okay with me. Everyone has different experiences.
It may have been a bowl, but the bag of crack between his legs still has me leaning towards the crack scenario being discussed.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
It may have been a bowl, but the bag of crack between his legs still has me leaning towards the crack scenario being discussed.
Sorry dude. Haven't read the frillion updates on his death since last night. Didn't see mention of actual crack in what I first read. Just pills and such. Oh, well.

ETA: how sad is it that I/we consider TMZ an actual news source? wow.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoneyAlways View Post
Sorry dude. Haven't read the frillion updates on his death since last night. Didn't see mention of actual crack in what I first read. Just pills and such. Oh, well.

ETA: how sad is it that I/we consider TMZ an actual news source? wow.
No worries. I don't actually know who this guy is. Though I'm sure there is a frat boy pontificating right now about what AM and MJ are doing in heaven right now.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

I don't even know much about TMZ. When they print something like that, are they usually correct? Meaning, are they like a tabloid, or do they just get a lot of inside information?
Old 08-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I don't even know much about TMZ. When they print something like that, are they usually correct? Meaning, are they like a tabloid, or do they just get a lot of inside information?
Seriously, what's your problem today? IT'S ON THE INTERNET. Of course it's right.

Tags
adam goldstein, dj am