Disclosure - Settle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:up:

Latch is my fav track, but the whole thing is sweet, if a little same-y.

Fire Starts to Burn, F For You and Help Me Lose My Mind are also top notch.

Mine is in the mail as we speak. I've been listening to a lot of dance/electronica lately, so I'm looking forward to this one. Hopefully it can be the welcome surprise that Hercules & Love Affair was a few years back.

I didn't like this album much the first time I heard it, but I'm very slowly coming around to it. Definitely improved upon multiple listens.

When a fire starts to burn
Right
And it starts to spread
She gon bring that attitude home

It's insanely long, that's for sure. The singles are really good and a few other songs are enjoyable as well but this shouldn't be longer than 35-40 minutes.

I'm almost never a fan of albums longer than 45 minutes or so (It's not that I don't like or listen to them, but I definitely start feeling fatigued around that time limit). I know that when I heard the album at work, I was growing very restless listening to it.

The second time I heard it was while I was doing homework and it flew by, so I guess it just depends.

I'm curious to see what a third, potentially more dedicated listen would find me feeling the same way I was the first time.

I'm almost never a fan of albums longer than 45 minutes or so (It's not that I don't like or listen to them, but I definitely start feeling fatigued around that time limit). I know that when I heard the album at work, I was growing very restless listening to it.

So around Is There Anybody Out There/Nobody Home? :wink:

A former paramour of mine, a big fan of electronic music, is in the same boat. Loves the album but hates that song. I can't fathom it, song rules.

Not you. Either cobbler has a different Australian definition of the word (wouldn't be the friggin first time), or it doesn't mean what I think it means.

Back
Top Bottom