Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was Longstreth on key for 5 consecutive seconds of that performance? He hit a couple good notes in there.

The girls were awesome. :up:

Just went ahead and got a ticket for the 26th.

DP twice in a month? Make your own Lance's Mom joke.

What was originally merely one of the very best shows I've seen all year quickly devolved into one of the most bizarre occurrences of my life.

This man was involved:

ron-jeremy-super-mario.jpg

I don't think there's any social equivalent to meeting Ron Jeremy at a Dirty Projectors gig. None.

Also, I met THE COFF! and THE DOO! very briefly, getting a photo with the former. Coffee Cakes was nicer, which elevates her a bit. But Haley is probably the best looking of the bunch in person. I'm on board with her from here on out.

The show itself was absolutely phenomenal. Loved every single second of it. Was in the second row in front of THE COFF!. Dave is really tall. Givers were also quite good, even if the main dude's eyes constantly rolling back in his head made Boner's pre-"In A Little Rally" orgasm last night look absolutely tame in comparison.

I thought you were kidding until I saw that on there.

A photo with THE COFF!? Taunt Laz with this.

I love how you seem to be mocking me in the photo, you son of a bitch. I'm surprised you didn't get her to hold up a "Hi Laz!" sign.

It's not over. Not by a long shot.

I love how you seem to be mocking me in the photo, you son of a bitch. I'm surprised you didn't get her to hold up a "Hi Laz!" sign.

It's not over. Not by a long shot.

It only occurred to me after the photo was taken that it was something I could piss you off with, especially if your plans fall apart Saturday. Only if that happens will it be mocking.

What will be interesting is if you can top the Hedgehog sighting + photo op. I'm more happy about that than the the photo with THE COFF!, the signed LP, or meeting both the gals.

You deserve credit here, you pioneer.

Hey, I think they might have played this at the show last week.

Or maybe not. I have no idea. But I like it.

*cue The Blum!*

They actually led off with it Monday if you count a solo Dave "Like Fake Blood in Crisp October" as more of an intro.

Re: "Fake Blood." He actually said that was his first time playing that in a number of years. Shuttlecock, take note.

Alright, alright already.

This was a stressful night because my house was hosting its 4th annual Halloween party, and I was pissed that I didn't know there was an earlier show, holding tickets for the 9:30 one. I figured I'd be back before midnight, as the venue is a 5 minute walk from my house, but when I saw the set times I knew things were going to be tense.

Anyway, the girl walking back and forth in the medieval outfit WAS in fact THE DOO!, and like I said in Random, girl is short. Also, someone I suspected might be Dave was watching the opening act from the crowd, and I was right. His Halloween costume consisted of a bolo tie and one of those gigantic foam cowboy hats (which made me think of Impy, naturally). He opened alone with the Fake Blood song (obviously even more appropriate for Halloween), and then THE DOO! came out and did Two Doves. Great vocal performance there.

Rest of the band came and then they did The Bride. Everything was still acoustic and I was starting to wonder if this was for some reason going to be ALL ACOUSTIC, which would have pissed me off to an unbelievable degree. Luckily, 'twas not the case.

I can't remember the rest of the setlist, but there was an amazing run with Cannibal Resource, No Intention, Stillness is the Move, and Useful Chamber that left me delirious. When I say that Stillness received the biggest post-song applause of the night, I'm not exaggerating with my THE COFF! bias. It was deafening. THE COFF! has an UNBELIEVABLE set of pipes. Blew me away. We can go back and forth debating the hotness of these women, but bottom line is that Dirty Proj is really The Dave & Amber Show. No doubt about it. And what makes Amber so attractive isn't just her looks, but her entire stage presence; THE DOO! looked rather bored by comparison, and I just don't find it very endearing. THE COFF! was into every song, you could see it on her face. When she took center stage for Stillness, her whole body language was selling that thing right alongside her vocal, and she nearly brought down the house again with a very spirited lead on Knotty Pine.

For some strange reason, they played Remade Horizon twice, the second time being the last encore. Perhaps they are the ones taking notes from Shuttlecock.

And no, I did not get to invite the band to my party as I had hoped. Only THE DOO! came out after the show, and was immediately surrounded by a few dudes who appeared to know her. As my party had already begun (a band started playing in my backyard at 11:45), I gave it about 5 more minutes ('til 12:05 and then had to bolt.

BTW, my party was fucking INSANE, more people than I've ever seen at the house. I probably wouldn't have even seen THE PROJ! if they had come.

I have to agree with you on one point especially. Stillness totally brought down the house in DC as well. Fucking insane.

Also, I forget the new chick's name THE HAIL? She's not bad, but didn't do much for me. Kind of disposable in terms of the band, no?

And she might be a little thick.

She's completely disposable as far as the band goes, but I thought she looked best up there the night I went at least.

"Stillness" definitely got the biggest response from my crowd as well. There's absolutely no doubt that Amber is an amazing musician. T,he finest female vocalist in the band, an excellent guitar player, and if you noticed during "Stillness," knows how to take care of business on stage. I'll agree with Angel looking completely bored most of the time.

As for Haley, I'm not ready to say her vocal parts are expendable. She certainly seemed like an afterthought the entirety of the show, but she's a pretty big part of highlight "When the World Comes to an End." What we can agree on is the fact that all three ladies have a fantastic vocal interplay and are all fine singers in their own right.

Re: her being thicker, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Compared to Amber and Angel, I look like Paul Prudhomme, so this might be all in weak comparison. Plus she was wearing a pea coat when I saw her. Either way, she's the most classically pretty of the bunch, THE COFF! is the most talented, and THE DOO! is the most my type. That's the way it goes.

And yeah, "Knotty Pine" was fucking great. Glad you liked the show, Laz, even if the Halloween party invites didn't go down. At least you didn't see one of your best, whitest friends get hit in the head with a rock by some run of the mill, Houston pieces of shit.

It would have been cool and everything, but at the very least, that photo I sent you of me and THE COFF! together is a huge trump card until they tour again. Silver linings. I'll even take a shot of the LP too to prove I met THE DOO! as well. She even drew stuff on it.

Back
Top Bottom