Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Dirty Work is one of my all time favorite comedies.

I'm going to listen to Bitte Orca right now.

That's only because a Saigon whore bit your nose off while you were in Japan.

This shit's about to go down, meaning it's as good a time as any to send this out:

fumustache.jpg

I'm actually growing a beard now. Commence ridicule.

Yeah, they would have probably been better off with another song, I don't think that performance is going to win them any new fans.

That kind of sucked. The guitar work sounded sloppy. Especially compared to that other live version of Cannibal that was posted a few pages back.

Also, just because they gave THE DOO! more closeups doesn't mean she out-hots THE COFF!, traitor.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Dirty Work is one of my all time favorite comedies.

"Note to self: inflatable doll not as real as advertised." LOVE that film.

"You bet on Clubber Lang in Rocky III?" "Hindsight is 20/20, my friend."

Agreed. I just feel bad for decent groups when they have a bad TV performance, as they don't have many other big chances at exposure like that.

Not sure if I've ever commented on it or not, but I like the Stillness is the Move music video.

Agreed. I just feel bad for decent groups when they have a bad TV performance, as they don't have many other big chances at exposure like that.

Not sure if I've ever commented on it or not, but I like the Stillness is the Move music video.

Definitely. It would've been nice if they'd rocked the fuck out of the place.

I love that video. A wolf plus a llama plus THE GIRLS! dancing (precisely how I'd imagined dancing to that song would go) = pure win.

It was time for a new desktop:

vo2b9e.jpg

Daddy like. I request the esteemed Dr. Scummington ignore the little green icon on the task bar.

I don't even know what that is, but I now have assumptions. Regardless, awesome background.

It is awesome. Rounds out my top three album covers of the year along with It's Blitz! and Embryonic.

Feel free to report him to the proper authorities.

Isn't he more of a vigilante?

If I said I was on a real DP kick, would one of you make the requisite Lance's Mom joke?

Someone just got Scumbo'd.

It was me. I got Scumbo'd by having to walk around with that image in my head all day.

There's no better way to start off a day/school year than with the opening chords of Bitte Orca.

I was at a bar on Sunday night where they proceeded to play New Order's Age of Consent, and then went right into Cannibal Resource. It was almost too much for me; I was bouncing up and down in my seat, playing like three different air instruments.

Some friends and I were driving around town the other night, and I started playing Power, Corruption & Lies in the car. Two of them told me to "turn this shit off," so I kicked them out of the back seat and ran them over.

I hope you then backed up over them, and ran over them again just to be safe. We can't run the risk of those people somehow surviving their injuries.

My second favorite song after Age of Consent? Leave Me Alone. Is Bernard Sumner the most underrated guitar player in rock history?

I'm serious. I usually go back and read from the beginning when confused, but would prefer someone to tell me what this thread is about. Are Dirty Projectors a band? Help me!

I'm serious. I usually go back and read from the beginning when confused, but would prefer someone to tell me what this thread is about. Are Dirty Projectors a band? Help me!

Yes, they're a band. An awesome band that you should listen to. Although if you don't like them, we won't take it personally, considering it took many in THE CLIQUE! to warm up to them. Bitte Orca is their latest album, which garnered a ridiculously high mark from Pitchfork, over a 9, but I forget exactly what the score was. (EDIT: It was a 9.2, here's a link to the review: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13159-bitte-orca/)

Here's a video to start you off:

YouTube - Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move

Back
Top Bottom