Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might try and go to the sold out show here in hopes there are some tix available at the box office on the day of.

So, you know, Amber might be damaged goods by the time they get to your neck of the woods.

I picked this up on vinyl this week. I can't tell you how much I really dig the first half of this record, really excellent. The second half I could do without though honestly. Stillness Is The Move is my jam...

Really? Not even No Intention? That's probably my #1 or #2 on the whole album.

And I'm assuming you're including Useful Chamber as a second half song, and that one is just all kinds of epic.

Last song is a bit anti-climactic, I'll admit.

stillness_is_the_move.jpg

I'm afraid I just blue myself.

^:tsk: Just couldn't resist could you?

I picked this up on vinyl this week. I can't tell you how much I really dig the first half of this record, really excellent. The second half I could do without though honestly. Stillness Is The Move is my jam...

Really? I like a good chunk of the second half, it's not as strong as the first, but still very good. "Useful Chamber" is one of my favorites, I mean the 'Bitte orca, orca bitte' part is amazing to rock out to! I dig "Florescent Half Dome" a lot too. I agree it's a bit anti-climactic as a closer, but it's still a sweet little song.

Quite the combination; group covers one of the hippest of hipster bands, so they obviously have good taste, but a cappella boy groups are like the un-hippest things imaginable. Anyone who's been on a college campus knows that.

Look at this fucking HOTTIE

Note: I wouldn't mind attacking that coff with some syrup, if you get my meaning.

I'm trying to decide if I like this or not. I liked the first track, then became increasingly annoyed until Two Doves, which I really liked, and it's gotten better from there.

It's definitely interesting.

Yeah, the guy's vibrato isn't for everyone.

But since I love Shudder to Think, I can handle anyone's.

You don't like Stillness is the Move?

Cori is the FAIL.

I'd have to go back and listen to it again to even remember which one that was. I put it on my Amazon wish list - I will try and pick it up, as I think it'll be a real grower for me.

10-20 Baltimore, MD - Ottobar
10-21 Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
10-22 Washington, DC - Black Cat
10-24 Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
10-25 Lafayette, LA - Nitetown
10-26 Austin, TX - Antones
10-28 Phoenix, AZ - Rhythm Room
10-30 San Diego, CA - North Park Theatre
11-01 San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's
11-03 Portland, OR - Aladdin
11-04 Seattle, WA - Neumo's
11-07 Salt Lake City, UT - In The Venue
11-08 Denver, CO - Bluebird
11-09 Lawrence, KS - Granada
11-11 Minneapolis, MN - Cedar Cultural Center
11-13 Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge
11-14 Toronto, Ontario - Opera House
11-15 Montreal, Quebec - National
11-17 Boston, MA - Paradise
11-18 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
11-19 Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall
11-21 Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall
11-22 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom

Not going to miss THE COFF! this time.

No Los Angeles?? WTF??

I am driving down to San Diego and making THE COFF! pay dearly for her impertinence.

Although I wouldn't mind going to Phoenix and getting her in the "Rhythm Room", if you get my meaning.

Nice! I'll finally get to see them. Missed out last time they came through Minneapolis.

This shit's about to go down, meaning it's as good a time as any to send this out:

fumustache.jpg

No, sir. Thank YOU.

That was nice. Surprised they didn't go with "Stillness" or "Temecula Sunrise." And is it just me, or did THE DOO! just out-fox THE COFF? Maybe.

angel_deradoorian-high_road.jpg

It's quite possible.

Yeah, they would have probably been better off with another song, I don't think that performance is going to win them any new fans.

I don't know shit about this band, except for seeing this thread pop up on the first page every once a while. Saw that they were performing on Letterman. Flipped back from watching Norm Macdonald destroy Conan's show just in time to catch it.

And, uhhhhh, I don't know. Not sure I'm a big fan of the lead singer's style, but the song was alright and that girl with the telecaster was very cute.

It's weird, Norm was on when Conan first took over, and it was one of the funniest guests I've seen on a talk show in ages. He was freaking nuts last night though. Still funny, but he was even acting weird for himself.

His first appearance was a lot better, but he still cracks me the hell up. There's a quiet, meditative insanity there that just warms my heart.

I got a kick out of Thomas Haden Church getting noticeably pissed off at Norm stealing his spotlight.

Back
Top Bottom