dimebag darrell and john lennon ..the last day in the life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember thinking John Lennon was old when he was killed. Now I'm older than he ever got to be. Makes me appreciate just how young he was and how much of his life he missed out on.

(I do know I really really butchered the English language with those sentences, but what the hell -- I'm leaving them as a "Fuck Off" to the grammar Nazis. :) )

Because those two belong in the same sentence.

Yeah, John was killed 29 years ago. On the 15th anniversary of his death, my friend and I attended the annual gathering that takes place in Central Park's Strawberry Fields. We even visited the Dakota where John was murdered. Surreal to say the least.

I wasn't a big Pantera fan, but I did view the video of the night that Dimebag was murdered. At least he died while he was doing what he loved. :sad:

I don't like Pantera at all, really, but he was a SPECTACULAR guitarist. Horrible that he died. Absolutely horrible. I know some of his former close friends in passing, and have heard nothing but wonderful things about him. A surprisingly non-metal guy, away from the pyrotechnics. "Respect" is one of the best metal songs ever.

its not about they rank vs each other. yeah, Lennon's reach of his music is far wider then pantera of course, but dimebag is of significant status in his genre.

I need to clarify my statement earlier in this thread. What happened to Darrell Abbott is definitely awful, and I lived in Arlington at the time, so I got the full brunt of the press coverage. He was talented, for sure, but I always thought it was funny to see a community rally behind a guy called Dimebag.

Anyway, what I said was probably out of line given the circumstances. I doubt anyone was really trying to say their contributions to music were even remotely similar.

disturbing. But oddly interesting. i remember someone calling me on the phone telling me about dimebag.

She took the photo. Those specs are the real deal. Very poignant.

Er yeah, man, I know.

I don't hate Yoko as much as a lot of people do - in fact, I don't hate her at all, and she cops, way, way too much shit from nearly everyone. But don't you find it a tad exploitative too? I know the whole shock factor was a big part of her performance art, but... yeah, c'mon.

Back
Top Bottom