Did anyone watch the grammys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I didn't see a thread about them here or in B&C. Did anybody watch?

Wikipedia has a list of all the awards given this year. I counted 109. I counted 7 in the telecast. 7 of 109. Now, I'm not saying all 109 should be televised, that would be ridiculous. But, like, maybe 15-20? The televised awards were Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Record Of The Year, Best New Artist, Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Best Rock Album, and Best Comedy Album. Everything else non-televised. It was mostly performances. Who?

Lady Gaga & Elton John - "Poker Face"/"Speechless"/"Your Song"
Green Day with the cast of American Idiot - "21 Guns"
Beyoncé - "If I Were a Boy"/"You Oughta Know"
Pink - "Glitter in the Air"
Black Eyed Peas - "Imma Be"/"I Gotta Feeling"
Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
Jamie Foxx, T-Pain, Slash & Doug E. Fresh - "Blame It"
Zac Brown Band & Leon Russell - "America the Beautiful"/"Dixie Lullaby"/"Chicken Fried"
Taylor Swift & Stevie Nicks - "Today Was a Fairytale"/"Rhiannon"/"You Belong with Me"
Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson, Carrie Underwood & Usher - "Earth Song" (Michael Jackson tribute)
Bon Jovi & Jennifer Nettles - "We Weren't Born to Follow"/"Who Says You Can't Go Home"/"Livin' on a Prayer"
David Foster, Mary J. Blige & Andrea Bocelli - "Bridge over Troubled Water"
Dave Matthews Band - "You and Me"
Maxwell & Roberta Flack - "Pretty Wings"/"Where Is the Love"
Jeff Beck & Imelda May - "How High the Moon" (Les Paul tribute)
Drake, Eminem, Lil Wayne & Travis Barker - "Drop the World"/"Forever"

So, 7 awards and those performances. You be the judge.

Here's the wikipedia page if you care who won/lost: 52nd Grammy Awards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't see a thread about them here or in B&C. Did anybody watch?

Wikipedia has a list of all the awards given this year. I counted 109. I counted 7 in the telecast. 7 of 109. Now, I'm not saying all 109 should be televised, that would be ridiculous. But, like, maybe 15-20? The televised awards were Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Record Of The Year, Best New Artist, Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Best Rock Album, and Best Comedy Album. Everything else non-televised. It was mostly performances. Who?

Lady Gaga & Elton John - "Poker Face"/"Speechless"/"Your Song"
Green Day with the cast of American Idiot - "21 Guns"
Beyoncé - "If I Were a Boy"/"You Oughta Know"
Pink - "Glitter in the Air"
Black Eyed Peas - "Imma Be"/"I Gotta Feeling"
Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
Jamie Foxx, T-Pain, Slash & Doug E. Fresh - "Blame It"
Zac Brown Band & Leon Russell - "America the Beautiful"/"Dixie Lullaby"/"Chicken Fried"
Taylor Swift & Stevie Nicks - "Today Was a Fairytale"/"Rhiannon"/"You Belong with Me"
Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson, Carrie Underwood & Usher - "Earth Song" (Michael Jackson tribute)
Bon Jovi & Jennifer Nettles - "We Weren't Born to Follow"/"Who Says You Can't Go Home"/"Livin' on a Prayer"
David Foster, Mary J. Blige & Andrea Bocelli - "Bridge over Troubled Water"
Dave Matthews Band - "You and Me"
Maxwell & Roberta Flack - "Pretty Wings"/"Where Is the Love"
Jeff Beck & Imelda May - "How High the Moon" (Les Paul tribute)
Drake, Eminem, Lil Wayne & Travis Barker - "Drop the World"/"Forever"

So, 7 awards and those performances. You be the judge.

Here's the wikipedia page if you care who won/lost: 52nd Grammy Awards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^
This is a big part of why I don't watch the Grammys.

Well, and because there's rarely any artists I like enough to bother watching.

I'm kind of starting to appreciate the grammys more as a concert experience where they stop in between to award people in the field, and honor those who have (had) prolific careers/passed on.

Tigga Swift dropped and broke one of her Grammys in the press room after the show. Fucking awesome!

9823820.jpg

96312589.jpg

GYI0059472292.jpg

96314158.jpg

That first picture is hilarious.

It's okay, Tay-Tay. You can dry your tears with your other Grammys!

Wow. I didn't watch this year, but I sure would have loved to have seen footage of Tyler Swift dropping the Grammy.. Read somewhere that Tyler Swift sounded awful during her performance, kinda off key.

Her dropping the award wasn't part of the telecast - looks like that's from the backstage interviews.

But yes, I heard she was pretty off key in her duet with Stevie Nicks. Which means I need to watch that part. Thank goodness for DVR and the fast-forward button!

Wow. I didn't watch this year, but I sure would have loved to have seen footage of Tyler Swift dropping the Grammy.. Read somewhere that Tyler Swift sounded awful during her performance, kinda off key.

Who in the almighty fuck is Tyler Swift?

Her dropping the award wasn't part of the telecast - looks like that's from the backstage interviews.

But yes, I heard she was pretty off key in her duet with Stevie Nicks. Which means I need to watch that part. Thank goodness for DVR and the fast-forward button!

Yes it did sound off key. I love the DVR FF button! One of the very best inventions EVAH!

I'm sorry, dear. But if you're going to be nominated for a buttload of Grammys, one should be able to sing in key. :hug:

Hopefully she can just work on it and get better with age and experience.

I'm sorry, dear. But if you're going to be nominated for a buttload of Grammys, one should be able to sing in key. :hug:

Hopefully she can just work on it and get better with age and experience.

Her excuse, I am sure, would be that she was so in awe being on stage with her idol Stevie Nicks. Whatever. :yawn:

gee, what a bunch of haters

at least
taylor does sing and write and play guitar
and what you see is what you get

all that auto tune crap and lip syncing from the other pretenders

dave matthews, zac brown band (not my cup of tea), taylor swift and kings of leon are legitimate recording artists

I did not watch the entire show...but did see the Pink performance...it was pretty awesome...and I don't even know any of Pink's music...don't know how to embed you tube video in here or I would :reject:

Back
Top Bottom