Did anyone watch the grammys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did not watch the entire show...but did see the Pink performance...it was pretty awesome...and I don't even know any of Pink's music...don't know how to embed you tube video in here or I would :reject:

I tried to watch some of it. Too many gimmicks, not enough plain good singing. I don't think singing in key really matters in order to win a Grammy. Taylor Swift is very cute and her songs are cute but at this point she just seems overhyped and overexposed. Maybe she'll mature into something even better in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dE3izeu64s

Apparently not.

(which is a comment on music in general, not a slam on Taylor. Clearly she is capable of singing in key. She just didn't this time.)

I fast-forwarded through it last night. She was out of her league with Stevie but she is still a talented young woman. People making fun of her is kind of silly. We're not her audience but that doesn't mean she isn't good at what she does for her particular audience (most of the time).

Overall, the show was as dull as it gets. All those ridiculous duets and throwing unlikely people together....is just weird.

I just hope Taylor can stay the way she is and not trash herself out and/or succumb to the pressure to become a certain type of female artist. I do think she has talent that can get even better.

Back
Top Bottom