Destroyer - Kaputt (AKA NSW: NEVAR Forget)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's the best album of 2011. Yes, that's right, people. I dare to even say it's better than Vanilla Ice's upcoming album, and I haven't even heard that.

That's a bold claim, sir.

I know, check out the album cover.

Vanilla_Ice_WTF.jpg

When an album is named WTF, you know it's good.

Ha, that's also quite the subtle metaphor for a new sound - burning an old photo in the background.

So I like this album, but at times, his voice really gets on my nerves. Will I grow to like that too?

My first real experience with him was live, in which any time he sang, he just stood at the microphone with a beer in one hand, the mic in the other. It was love at first site.

I guess I fall into the hate category :( Otherwise, I enjoy the music. I'm gonna go have a lie down and listen to it on headphones again.

I did that the second time I heard it, and aside from the 10-15 minutes I may have dozed off, it was a wonderful experience. I'm with Scumbo, this might already be the best album of the year :HYPE:

For those who haven't heard other Destroyer albums, I highly recommend you do a searchy search on these three songs from the last two albums:

European Oils
Painter In Your Pocket
Foam Hands

:up:

Have I mentioned I really love this album?

Feeling sick and awful, but giving it a spin really cheered me up.

u2popmofo said:
It's still my fav 2011 release so far.

Same. Kurt Vile and Mountain Goats' new albums are amazing too, as well as PJ Harvey. That's the top tier for now.

I never mentioned it, but thanks for the recommendation, Scums. This album is one of my favorites of the year after Tennis and Lykke. What other albums of his are worth looking into?

It's probably sitting in the third spot for me at the moment in terms of favorites of the year. It is certainly unique.

Glad you guys are liking it too!

What other albums of his are worth looking into?

I actually only have the most recent 3 albums, Destroyer's Rubies being the one I'd most recommend behind Kaputt (check out the songs European Oils and Painter In Your Pocket if you want to sample first).

I've heard Streethawk is fantastic, but I keep forgetting to buy it when I go to record stores.

So it's a good thing I figured out I liked this cat when I did, cause I'm totes going to the show tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom