Desert Island X: Survivor Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE list

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is so hard. Laz had some of my favorite songs that I didn't already know, had a ton of fun listening to Padj's and Phanan's, but Peef's was a pleasant journey of things loved....I think I am going with Padj, but this is a hard choice.

PFan again. Laz's list is my favorite of those remaining, for whatever it's worth.

We're at the point now where, at least for me, every list is very well-crafted by people who know what they're doing and have a knack for it. So the admiration of the craft element isn't so much an issue anymore and it really comes down to how much I personally enjoy the actual songs.

When I review these lists, the one I feel I would be skipping a fair amount of is El Mel's, not just because of the familiarity of some of the songs, but that I find those tracks annoying to begin with. There's also a lot of great stuff on there, but enough on the other side of the ledger to make a difference. I'm not crazy about the 80s sound in general so I had to weigh this against Phanan's pretty closely.

You switched votes? Man, you're just mad that I'm the only one voting for you. :wink:

In all seriousness, I'm surprised to still be here. Had that triple elimination happened, top 4! That's a pretty strong showing for a list focused on one decade. The winner almost invariably covers a lot of ground.

Last edited:
Full disclosure: I thought it would be really funny to have a 7-way tie.

Problem was that after I voted I saw that someone had given Cobbler a second vote since the last time I had checked.

I started doing genre-specific lists after winning DI7 because I figured winning twice was enough. Probably doing to keep making them too unless people specifically ask me to stop; it gives me an excuse to discover new bands all the time.

What I can get better at is balancing familiar tracks with obscure ones, doing more creative things with structure, etc. so the feedback this time around was very useful.

Last edited:
I was undecided between Bono212 and Philsfan. I gave the latter more points, but the former had more songs I wasn't familiar with and enjoyed, which for me is the objective of this DI thing... At the end, I choose to vote for Bono212 also to avoid a tie.
Honestly, I am surprised to have got this far. Thank you IWasBored and LemonMelon for your kind comments :)

Back
Top Bottom