Desert Island X: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cracking myself up here. I'm finishing this off and thought it would be hilarious if I threw in Bette Davis Eyes somewhere for the additional cheese factor, but I can't seem to find a good place for it.

LOL you're in for a treat with my list.

Still in need of Bonnie, Ashley, Phanan and Afliktor's lists. Ashley and Phanan have been vocal in this thread and I know they'll be done soon. Bonnie hasn't posted in here in weeks and I'm not certain if Afliktor is done yet.

If we have an even number of participants, we'll do head to head matches. If it's an odd number, I guess we'll do rankings even though I really don't want to.

It's too late to let any other alternates in, huh?

In the future, if people aren't checking in periodically with their status they should get booted.

LOL you're in for a treat with my list.

Still in need of Bonnie, Ashley, Phanan and Afliktor's lists. Ashley and Phanan have been vocal in this thread and I know they'll be done soon. Bonnie hasn't posted in here in weeks and I'm not certain if Afliktor is done yet.

If we have an even number of participants, we'll do head to head matches. If it's an odd number, I guess we'll do rankings even though I really don't want to.

I'd rather have matches if at all possible.

If it is matches, would the winners of the polls go against each other in a second round and so on like a tourney until there is one participant left standing, or would the polls be one and done?

If we're doing matches, we'll do a loser's bracket that will allow for a second chance, though the road back in will be a lot tougher. The first bracket would essentially determine seeding for the second.

If we're doing matches, we'll do a loser's bracket that will allow for a second chance, though the road back in will be a lot tougher. The first bracket would essentially determine seeding for the second.

But would the winners continue on until there is one winner?

What I'm really getting at is that if it's going to be a multiple-round thing, then if we have an odd number of participants, you could just give the defending champion(I checked, it's Phanan) a bye in the first round.

But it's probably not going to work the way I'm thinking it would. In which case, nevermind.

Whatever form the voting takes, I'd rather we not wait much longer for those who haven't submitted yet. There's been more than enough time to get these lists done.

Yeah, what the hell, even I got my list in already. Usually I'm the latest slacker to this party. New rule. If you submit your list after your current last place reigning champ (me, of course), then you're out of time (exception for later that same day, I suppose).

The due date was yesterday, not a week ago, as some in here seemed to have wished it was.

I don't know why Travis keeps putting me on blast for not having my list done, but I told him nearly four days ago that it was.

I was joking. I thought that would have been clear by the totally arbitrary non-date of "whenever I turn my list in."

I seem to recall in the past that rather than being in a hurry to start a week early, we often had deadline extensions of a week or two...

I thought cobbler was really the only one chomping at the bit to get on with it, and therefore we were all ignoring him as usual.

the playlist is entitled "dududududududu"

176.jpg

Because we have an odd number of people right now and I'm honestly not sure how to structure this as originally planned. I'm not doing byes because there aren't going to be enough matches to justify them.

Are you all OK with doing rankings like before? It's disappointing to me, but I there's no way to do a head to head bracket with 19 people. Let's just move on.

Back
Top Bottom