Desert Island X: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've had the first 10 songs locked down for like 2 weeks but I keep messing with everything after that...maybe it should just be 10 songs :lol: also trying to decide if I should throw in some all-time faves or just keep what I've been listening to lately. and if 2 hours is too long. i think i just need to space moon it bro

will have this in by friday, promise!

best thing about this game, discovering songs i haven't heard in ages that were awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEqRCW1bVQU

i wish i could shoe horn this one in, but it would have to bring about 8 other songs with it, and it would sort of kill the theme (that's already stretched incredibly thin, sub genre-wise).

Mine will be in tomorrow, giving me something to do on my night shifts!

oops, forgot total runtime. it was 126 min and 31 seconds last i checked, but i swapped a couple songs since i'd looked at it. it's somewhere between 120 and 130 at any rate, so under the max.

oops, forgot total runtime. it was 126 min and 31 seconds last i checked, but i swapped a couple songs since i'd looked at it. it's somewhere between 120 and 130 at any rate, so under the max.

Thanks, ignore my PM then.

oh, i pm'd you back because i didn't come in here yet, and thought you were demanding an exact run time.

1. LemonMelon
2. Cute Irish Bono
3. gump
4. cobl04
5. iron yuppie
6. bono_212
7. PhilsFan
8. lazarus
9. IWasBored
10. namkcuR
11. LMP
12. The Sad Punk
13. liamcool
14. Vlad n U 2
15. nielsgov
16. phanan
17. Joey788
18. Padj
19. LJT
20. Afliktor

Getting there.

Cool. I received submissions from Laz and LJT. Ashley informed me that she's finished. Nam, Afliktor and Bonnie are the only participants that may not make it on time.

Just my artwork outstanding now. Don't know what to make of my own playlist, it is much shorter than i'm used to doing at just about an hour. It did start off as the usual 2 hour odd epic, but I scrapped that last week. This is probably the most concise i've been which i'm sure some folk will appreciate!

It's been a pretty even split between 2 hour lists and single disc lists. The greatest variety we've ever had, actually. Should make binge listening a lot easier.

How is the competition going to kick off? I forget. Is it one-on-one duels?

Mine's coming. I just finalized everything. It's just a hair under the full 160 minutes. I just need to settle on some artwork and then upload my zip. If I don't have it in by midnight, it'll be sometime in the wee hours.

Cracking myself up here. I'm finishing this off and thought it would be hilarious if I threw in Bette Davis Eyes somewhere for the additional cheese factor, but I can't seem to find a good place for it.

Liam got his in ahead of his neckbeard convention.

:lol:

As for the discussion about transitions, I've had more than a few experiences where a transition I thought was brilliant either went without notice or was criticised, while a transition that I thought was barely serviceable or happened by accident was described as one of the better parts of a list. It can sometimes be really hard to predict how people will respond to lists. I once went for a soft/loud dynamic as a transition and thought it was done really effectively, but it seemed nobody else liked it at all.

Just sent in my liner notes and artwork. I had two great pics and couldn't decide so I just gave each part its own cover like last time.

Back
Top Bottom