Desert Island X: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should be done with mine tonight.

What's the oldest recording someone has included?

Trying to find a way to get some jazz on mine but transitioning in and out might be a challenge. Shit, cat.

I had Watermelon Man in one of my earlier DIs. Easier to integrate than most jazz because of its funky nature, and it started off my list. Anyways, looking forward to seeing if you found a way.

I'll submit mine tonight (will be a soundcloud playlist, if that bothers people I'll upload it via mediafire). 97% happy with it. Would love to be 100% but I'll be tinkering endlessly and start fretting over minor stuff if I do that, stuff that probably only I will notice/care about. 2hrs, 10mins.

Also prepare yourselves for a few paragraphs of unnecessary oversharing (still, I don't think it will be as bad as Lemel's "I am a rat" or Screwy's "America's fear of the female orgasm") as well as a gratuitous photo of me.

I had to delete three or four incredibly pretentious write-ups that I put together before my final submission and changed what photo of myself I was using several times.

fuck. mine is reasonably pretentious. oh well. wouldn't be a Cobbler thing without something stupid.

I think it's my best list yet though, because I wanted to make a list that runs through all my fav genres of music in one piece, rather than split into sections, and I'm pretty proud of it.

okay soundcloud isn't going to work because of copyright.

if I import all the tracks into garage band, export it as one song, would that work/allow me to upload to soundcloud? or will the "Project" I pick (piano/voice/loops etc) affect the sound?

alternatively is there a website where I can upload the tracks and make it into a playlist (not Grooveshark/Spotify etc)? basically I ask because I'm posting it on my blog as well, wanna share it with a few people without them having to download, they just click play.

I'm in.

Here's my submission:

1. Star Kill Son - Rotate
2. Copy Paste - Do I Have a
3. Chocolate Banana - Toasty Grinder
4. Divide The Beaver - Hi
5. Carvemilk - I Want What I Don't Want
6. T3mples - You Marrow Me
7. Sombie - Stapler Confession
8. Poals - Desecrated Shire
9. Sticky Spatulas - End Of Mine
10. Chips - My Ass Is On Fire

Awesome site, love the interface. Most tracks did not upload, but it seems like that might be because of Apple/DRM. Gonna try burning songs to disc, re-importing as mp3s and see if that works.

You don't even need to burn it to disc. Just right click it and select "create MP3 (or AAC, depending on your settings) version". I'm away from iTunes right now, so there may be an additional click, but it's pretty straightforward.

Well I'm also planning on using Grooveshark. I hope that isn't a problem for anyone?

I think I've already mentioned that I don't have files of many songs I'm using as I stream everything these days. I actually tried downloading all the songs but I couldn't find one. And I'm not going to pay that €1 to participate in this. :lol: I hope mofo doesn't read this thread.

Are you guys sure Grooveshark allows for non-account listening? I had a hell of a time with the Grooveshark playlists from last DI, to the point that I eventually just loaded them on YouTube.

I don't know, I'm going to just upload as usual. I signed out to make sure I could still look at the playlist I linked to above and I was able to queue it and play it as well.

I used to use my credit card rewards points whenever I needed to download music for DI in the past :lol:. I've spent more money on DI then I ever have on Interference Premium Memberships.

Don't like the different playlists I've come up with so far. Not feelin' it...

I might just say fuck it and submit a synthpop-like track listing that I've had kicking around for a while, variety be damned.

Back
Top Bottom