Desert Island X: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Intellectual dance music? That's probably the douchiest genre I've ever heard of.

Sounds like some nerd reading Dostoevsky over some bleeps and an electronic basic dance beat.

I love the genre and I get where the name comes from, but it's still pretentious as fuck.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using U2 Interference mobile app

So where is everyone at with their lists? Ran through mine twice today, had an excellent run through while cleaning the house, just three or four things to fix and I'll be ready to go :up:

I love the genre and I get where the name comes from, but it's still pretentious as fuck.

totally agreed.

I've had mine done in some form for a long time now, but I'm never done with my lists until I hit submit. 39 songs, max length.

Last edited:
Yeah, the deadline is Halloween night. I'll send out some nagging PMs like three days beforehand so you'll have a reminder handy.

Mine is basically ready. I'm listening to it now to make sure everything works. I might still add a song or two as well. I'm on 19 tracks, 85 minutes as of now. I don't want to go any longer than 90.

I made good progress on mine over the weekend. It's going to be max length, 40+ tracks. I've got most of the tracks picked, and a basic order down, but I'm struggling with where to put some specific tracks, where they make the most sense sonically and stylistically. I'll get there soon enough.

All of these playlists better be perfect or I'll burn this goddamn place to the ground.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I'm only an alternate so I haven't spent as much time on mine but things are really progressing:

DI10_screenshot_zpsffe5e946.png

Intellectual dance music? That's probably the douchiest genre I've ever heard of.

I always thought the name was douchy on purpose. It's not like the genre isn't.

I think it's hilarious that people get upset over genre tags. I mean...do you expect people who study music to just keep classifying stuff as Rock/Pop/Rap/RNB? No one seems to complain when a movie is listed as a cerebral thriller.

So what exactly is "intellectual dance music"? All the time signatures are in 11/4 or some shit like that?

I've always thought it came about as a response to stuff like Sandstorm, the for-the-masses type shit, so electronic dance music made for snobs, I guess.

Sorry folks, I'm out.

Been working on a list tonight and it's just not coming together. I'm not feeling it. I'll free up the space for somebody who's more enthusiastic to compete.

Back
Top Bottom