Desert Island X: Rules and Signup Thread - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-24-2014, 01:19 AM   #271
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,958
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Alright, well, since I do not subscribe to any of the listening services because I actually buy the music I'm interested in listening to, supporting, and therefore putting into things like desert island, I will probably not be able to participate this time because I'm not at all interested in signing up for something like that, or knowing that other people will use that to listen to any list that I should submit.

So I guess I'm out.

Have fun guys.
__________________

__________________
the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:26 AM   #272
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,037
Local Time: 02:44 AM
That's a mighty high horse you're riding there mate.
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:39 AM   #273
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
Alright, well, since I do not subscribe to any of the listening services because I actually buy the music I'm interested in listening to, supporting, and therefore putting into things like desert island, I will probably not be able to participate this time because I'm not at all interested in signing up for something like that, or knowing that other people will use that to listen to any list that I should submit.

So I guess I'm out.

Have fun guys.
Well, with Grooveshark, you don't have to sign up for anything. I remember in the last DI, Ashley's list was on Grooveshark and all I had to do was click the link and then click play all.
__________________
namkcuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:54 AM   #274
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,504
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Desert Island X: Rules and Signup Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Irish Bono View Post
Hey, IWasBored, do you have a verdict? Please let me know but I'll be cool either way.
Gonna stay in, looks like you can have tourist's spot?


Lol at getting uppity about how other people listen to your list. Fine if you don't want to, but it's not like they're illegally downloading stuff.
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:03 AM   #275
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,037
Local Time: 02:44 AM
Desert Island X: Rules and Signup Thread

And what about all the music he'll be listening to illegally and free through the competition?
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:11 AM   #276
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,013
Local Time: 02:14 AM
I might make the playlist on Spotify since I already have an account, are people okay with Spotify in general? I'm not actually sure how it is for those who aren't signed up for it.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:49 AM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Cute Irish Bono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,979
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Gonna stay in, looks like you can have tourist's spot?


Lol at getting uppity about how other people listen to your list. Fine if you don't want to, but it's not like they're illegally downloading stuff.
No, I am still interested in being a part of DI. I didn't mean to come across that way. Sorry.
__________________
Cute Irish Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:01 AM   #278
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 07:44 AM
I...OK.

IWB stays in, Cute Irish Bono gets Tourist's spot.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:15 AM   #279
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,000
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Irish Bono View Post
I didn't mean to come across that way. Sorry.

IWB was referring to Tourist's post in that last part, not you.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:16 AM   #280
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 07:44 AM
FWIW, concerning streaming services, absolutely nothing has changed since DI9. Any new furor would be misplaced, unless there was some misreading of the rules initially...? I don't know. The last thing I want to do is argue about the relative economic merits of streaming services.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:02 AM   #281
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,504
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
IWB was referring to Tourist's post in that last part, not you.
yeah, this.
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:03 AM   #282
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,504
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I might make the playlist on Spotify since I already have an account, are people okay with Spotify in general? I'm not actually sure how it is for those who aren't signed up for it.
it's going to be like (if not worse than) youtube with the adds, plus they'd have to download it and register, if i'm not mistaken. i'd imagine it would be pretty terrible if you're not a subscriber.
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:11 AM   #283
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,958
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Lol at getting uppity about how other people listen to your list. Fine if you don't want to, but it's not like they're illegally downloading stuff.
It just really makes me scratch my head when people want to make a desert island playlist but literally do not own/have not acquired physical or data copies of songs they want to use and therefore the only way they can submit said songs into a playlist of songs they'd be happy to take to a desert island is through a streaming service. I like to be able to wander around and listen to shit on my iPod and not be chained to a computer to listen.

Which is why this response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
That's a mighty high horse you're riding there mate.
...is really silly.

I just really dislike this semi-recent change to the point that I would actively cease to participate in the tournament because of it. Just glad I found out now before I uploaded anything or made copies of stuff, changed artwork, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
And what about all the music he'll be listening to illegally and free through the competition?


Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Well, with Grooveshark, you don't have to sign up for anything. I remember in the last DI, Ashley's list was on Grooveshark and all I had to do was click the link and then click play all.
But good luck finding "We Make Light" by Pineapple Skulls on some streaming service....
__________________
the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:21 AM   #284
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,000
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
It just really makes me scratch my head when people want to make a desert island playlist but literally do not own/have not acquired physical or data copies of songs they want to use and therefore the only way they can submit said songs into a playlist of songs they'd be happy to take to a desert island is through a streaming service. I like to be able to wander around and listen to shit on my iPod and not be chained to a computer to listen.

This is a fair point.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:29 AM   #285
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Grooveshark and Spotify premium give you the ability to offline songs, so you don't have to have an internet connection to listen to them.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com