Desert Island X: Master List and Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you thank you. Awesome stuff. And to think, I actually didn't like this list as much as others I've done :lol:.

Didn't realize Phanan was close to winning for the fourth time.

Fantastic work, Ashley. Congrats. One of my favs right from the beginning.

Last time I think I placed 5th, and this time I was part of a triple elim with 5 people left. Not sure if that's improvement or status quo, but I was happy to participate and glad some people got enjoyment out of some of the music I picked.

Thanks to El Mel for putting it together.

Running this was a pleasure. It was a very experimental DI and the results were quite surprising. My apologies for all the hiccups along the way.

I think I actually liked the rankings thing better. I would have preferred a legit last place.

Congrats Ashley! I really enjoyed listening to these. I did prefer the ranking system though. This seemed to fade out at the end. You could say it always does of course.

Like I said in the last poll, I think we might do both next time. Rankings first, I keep the results until we're done voting and then give out the rankings after the last poll. We would, in effect, have co-champions (and an overall loser :wink: ).

But if people were legit bored by the voting or if they MUST HAVE one overall winner, we can just do rankings next time.

Last edited:
Last time I think I placed 5th, and this time I was part of a triple elim with 5 people left. Not sure if that's improvement or status quo, but I was happy to participate and glad some people got enjoyment out of some of the music I picked.

Just wanted to say that your lists both last time and this time are some of my favorite DI lists. Interesting that they ended up with a similar place - I wouldn't be able to say which one I preferred.

And thanks, LM. This took a lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom