Desert Island X: Master List and Discussion Thread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:05 PM
Desert Island X: Master List and Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
The 22nd track is there, though it's not labeled as 22nd, I believe it's labeled as 2. But no need to re-upload that. Just the 20th.

What happened was I swapped out a couple songs at the last minute before I uploaded it, and I think I just copied the whole folder and tried to fix the two songs I switched, and then uploaded the wrong one.

The question is, do you have the Templars, superyob, pressure point, and terminus city? Superyob was thrown out, the Templars and terminus city added, and if I typed out pressure point in the list then it's supposed to be there (if not, I trashed it and it snuck back in on its own).

I can't look at the first page of this thread because it crashes my phone.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

can we also get a clear explanation of the ranking/voting rules? the set number of points allocated to playlists in a group is fine, until you're allocating points for the group your playlist is in. now presumably no one's ranking their own list/assigning it points/voting on it because who isn't picking theirs 1st/giving it the most points, trying to strategically vote other people ahead of them off the island? so if i have 30 pts per group, presumably the 3 in my group get more points between the three of them than a group of four would because i'm not counting my own list. or i just steal all the points because i like the music on my list better than what you people like.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
I think it was the song titles, which weren't in quotes, actually.
well, i was going to, but i figured the seperations made it obvious, and if i was going to get all proper i would have to type out the italics tag for every single album title either. i wasn't about to do that.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
can we also get a clear explanation of the ranking/voting rules? the set number of points allocated to playlists in a group is fine, until you're allocating points for the group your playlist is in. now presumably no one's ranking their own list/assigning it points/voting on it because who isn't picking theirs 1st/giving it the most points, trying to strategically vote other people ahead of them off the island? so if i have 30 pts per group, presumably the 3 in my group get more points between the three of them than a group of four would because i'm not counting my own list. or i just steal all the points because i like the music on my list better than what you people like.
This. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #50
Blue Crack Supplier

also, i'll try the download again, but 75% of laz's list won't copy out of the folder. unspecified error 00543020202012994393 or something.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #51
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:05 PM
I had to use a special archive tool, the Unarchiver, on OS X to get Laz's list to work.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

i'm on a pc though. is that even a real thing, or is the unarchiver a joke i just don't get not owning a mac computer.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #53
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:05 PM
There is probably an equivalent app to use for Windows.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

yeah, cos download #2 didn't work either. i'll wait til someone on a PC tells me how they got it out of the zip folder.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #55
The Fly

these look great guys, i'm excited to discover so much new music! upon first glance nielsgov's list looks right up my alley, and Joey's looks like it'll be a standout - any list with Climbing Up The Walls and Exit is nice to see I'm not the only one who used DJ Shadow too.

so I guess I'll try the Unarchiver to unzip Laz's cuz it's just giving me a .cpgz file. and i need track #20 for IWB so I'm listening to Padj's first. Will post comments when I'm done
Old 11-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

i sent a link to LM for the upload cos of whatever posting rules we've got here.

but this works too, tbh.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:05 PM
Yeah, I cannot download Laz's tracks (or any of his included files) either with WinRAR, which is my only application for unzipping files.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier

there are too many good bands on padj's list for me to not enjoy this.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #59
The Male

Local Time: 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Yeah, I don't think we discussed this eventuality specifically. Personally, I don't have a problem with people giving their own list 10 points. Back when we used to have polls, people were allowed to vote for their own list. Give the most points to the list you prefer and be honest about it.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #60
Blue Crack Supplier

so yeah. i didn't like padj's list very much last time. this time, this list could take the competition for me. either i was just blinded by the magnetic fields, and that made me like it (because under what other circumstances could i justify saying something positive about a list also containing the b-52s, julliana hatfield, and liz phair?), or it's just what i happened to be in the mood to listen to today (belle & sebastian, husker du, tom waits, and all the stuff not in english was made of win).