Desert Island VIII: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GAF :(

Though with my recent tech issues, it'll be a wonder if I don't have to drop out myself. I'll let you know by Sunday, Phanan. I'm just having so much trouble with anything electronic right now :sigh:

so i upload to megaupload by zipping it from itunes and all that
then its all in the wrong order when i was just about to submit it:doh:
anyway of fixing it?

I'm afraid I have to drop out of this too, though it wasn't unexpected. Just too busy, along with file and tech troubles. At least I have a list I can play around with for next time.

so i upload to megaupload by zipping it from itunes and all that
then its all in the wrong order when i was just about to submit it:doh:
anyway of fixing it?

oh...were we supposed to put them in order? i didnt really think about that (or know how to) so i didnt. do i need to resubmit?

It's generally considered polite to put it in order, just to save people the hassle of ordering the playlist themselves in their media player, but people in the past (myself included) have failed to do it before. You sure won't be the first and you probably won't be the last.

I'm going to go ahead and stay in, since the Bonster dropped out as well, I don't want the number to get too low (oh noes 18!), but we'll just have to see what comes out of this. I'm sure I'll get something decent together.

Hey Phanan, would you mind letting me have until the 2nd? Travis gets back on the 31st and then I'll have his laptop to put everything together on.

ugh, i think i might have to pull out of this. i've got too much crap going on and what with having to not only come up with a list but also find everything online (since my hd with my music's still in the states), i'm not sure i can get it all done in time.

now everyone shall rejoice.

How do we treat artists that do original compositions as well as remixes? I'd really like to use a (magnificent) remix Toro y Moi did along with one of his own songs. Aesthetically, they are quite different sounds, if that has any bearing.

A remix is usually still credited to the original performer, so it would be ok. If I wanted to use the Justice remix of Get On Your Boots, and then an actual Justice song, that is acceptable because Get On Your Boots would still be U2 as the performer.

As we've had a few people drop out, here's our current DI8 roster:

1. bono_212
2. Axver
3. Reggo
4. Screwtape2
5. Joey788
6. namkcuR
7. oneblood
8. coolian2
9. the tourist
10. LemonMelon
11. Cute Irish Bono
12. cobl04
13. collapse
14. Mr. V
15. ultraviolet92
16. IWasBored
17. iron yuppie
18. phanan

If someone wants to jump in still, that's fine. You'll get some extra time by being in the last group. If not, 18 is still plenty. One of the nice things about the current format is that it doesn't matter what the final participation is...

A remix is usually still credited to the original performer, so it would be ok. If I wanted to use the Justice remix of Get On Your Boots, and then an actual Justice song, that is acceptable because Get On Your Boots would still be U2 as the performer.

Cool. Yeah, that's how mine are tagged in iTunes too, with the credit going to the original performer, but I wanted to make sure. :up:

so being 18th on the list, i get another day or two? because i sort of fucked mine up and need to work out the bugs... :uhoh:

phanan, my list may or may not be late. Just a heads-up in case it is. I was worried Christmas/NY would mess with finalising my draft and it has.

I'm definitely going to listen to what you guys put together, but sadly I can't commit to participate this time around.

Yeah, I meant to say, even though I'm not putting together anything this time, I would love to be a listener. Hit me up with those links, phanan. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom