Desert Island VIII: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't decide if I want to do well on this or not, is more my thing. Last time I put a lot of effort into it and this time I think I want to have more fun.

This may be a juvenile question, but is the preferred format MP3? I'm not really sure how many people use AAC, and, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure why I use it.

trying to upload mine. managed to upload part 1 of 4, but uploads keep stalling >_< my internet at home sucks.

finishing mine up
does it matter if some of them arent mp3?

Tends to be best to stick to MP3s just because of how universally playable they are.

That said, I've used some M4A files in the past without anybody reporting a problem.

well get ready for some hip hop. and some dance and electronica and downtempo and a few party hits. i think it's pretty damn great, but some folks here are real big on their playlists so maybe it'll be a stinker. that's one half, 80 odd minutes. lord knows what i'm gonna do next.

well get ready for some hip hop. and some dance and electronica and downtempo and a few party hits. i think it's pretty damn great, but some folks here are real big on their playlists so maybe it'll be a stinker. that's one half, 80 odd minutes. lord knows what i'm gonna do next.

that sounds fun! i like to partyyyy :dance: mine has a few danceable songs

phanan, did you receive mine?

oh wiki, what will you teach me today:

The single was massively successful in Australia, spending three weeks at #1 and becoming the second-highest selling single of the year.

well, that explains that.

but this?

In 2005, British girl group Girls Aloud covered the song for their What Will The Neighbours Say? Live tour. (This version reverses the lyrics so that it is the story of a girl singing about a boy owing to the singers being female) It was later featured as a b-side to their single "Whole Lotta History". A studio recording cover by Girls Aloud is included on a special BBC Radio 1 compilation CD, Radio 1. Established 1967, celebrating 40 years of the station. It has also been covered by the all-girl Belgian Scala Choir,[1] and is regularly covered live by Dashboard Confessional. It has also been covered by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. It was also covered by All Time Low at a concert in 2007, and Hedley (band) on the Famous Last Words tour in 2008, and by Weezer at the 2010 Reading and Leeds festivals. In response to this, when performing this song, singer/guitar Brendan B. Brown has been known to break and start singing the lyrics to Weezer's song Beverly Hills.

The song was also featured at number 69 on the top 100 greatest pop songs of all time on the UK music channel, "The Hits".

For the radio version, from the sentence "He brings a gun to school" the word "gun" was removed due to the Columbine High School massacre one year previously.[citation needed]

American rock band Weezer covers the song when playing in the UK, as it is a concert favorite there. There is a common misconception that it was Weezer who originally wrote the song, when in fact this is not the case.

i had no idea. i remember hearing it when it came out a bunch, but probably haven't heard or really thought about it since then.

:lol:

sorry im such a hassle but i have no idea how to export my playlist from itunes so its a file for megaupload to upload
i have 2 80 minute playlists

1. Download winrar: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files
2. Right click wherever on your desktop and click "create new archive"
3. Go to your iTunes playlists and highlight the songs you want to archive.
4. Open winrar.
5. In the upper left-hand corner, click "add."
6. Next to the place where it says "archive name," click "browse." From there, find the archive you created and click "OK."

That archive with the tracks now added to it is uploadable by services such as megaupload (preferable for archives >100 MBs in size) or mediafire (preferable for archives <100 MBs).

yeah i have got winrar
and when i right click on my desktop there is no 'create new archive option' ? there is only the usual options that are there like: 'arrange icons by' and 'refresh' etc..
thanks anyway

yeah i have got winrar
and when i right click on my desktop there is no 'create new archive option' ? there is only the usual options that are there like: 'arrange icons by' and 'refresh' etc..
thanks anyway

It should be under "New." New-->create new archive.

Another option is to highlight the tracks inside of a file, right click them and click "add to archive."

I'm going to back out of this so, phanan, they're calling your name. Step on up to the plate. Work the count, get your pitch, and knock that shit over the right field fence.

Back
Top Bottom