Desert Island VIII: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Won't be the same without a phanan playlist. I hope you do decide to participate.

so i started working on this thing. based on what i've read here i'll be surprised if anyone has heard of more than 5 artists on my list. i'm curious to see what sort of lists everyone else puts together.

Hopefully everyone's ready for at least a section of mid-2000s club bangers.

Yeah, I'm going there.

so i started working on this thing. based on what i've read here i'll be surprised if anyone has heard of more than 5 artists on my list. i'm curious to see what sort of lists everyone else puts together.

I think my list might surprise some people. No, it's not the oft-threatened Metal Island list. It's quite a new direction for me, actually. There is only one track I'd classify as metal, no prog, and no artists I've used before.

I think my list might surprise some people. No, it's not the oft-threatened Metal Island list. It's quite a new direction for me, actually. There is only one track I'd classify as metal, no prog, and no artists I've used before.

that's too bad, because i am somewhat of a metalhead, and a place called Metal Island sounds like where i'd like to be. wouldn't have expected that from a U2 forum tho.

i went through and listed the genre for all my songs so far, and if you get genre-specific there are very few genres that repeat. which probably means everyone will love one or two songs on my list, but no one will like all of it :p

I'm looking forward to discovering the new music from people. It's one of the highlights for me.

Damn. I was curious to know what (if any) music IWB enjoyed.

lulz. i can't figure out if you're implying you've only seen my posts where i'm ranting about how much i hated something, or if you're mocking the ridiculous rem binge and sudden love affair with the national or slew of stupid threads i've started in the past about bands and albums no one on here wants to hear.

actually, on second thoughts, count me in if there's still room at this juncture. today i like constraints on my list-making. i've got an idea where i want to go with this thing.

lulz. i can't figure out if you're implying you've only seen my posts where i'm ranting about how much i hated something

:lol: Yeah, this.

Seriously, I'm glad you're joining. This is probably the largest group of newcomers we've had in a while. Plus, Axver has a new ally in Collapse. :wink:

:lol: i figured that was the case. i like a lot of music, it's just that very little of it is stuff people here care to discuss. or the stuff people are talking about on here i don't usually have as much to say about other than "i thOuGhT iT wAs gUd." and rage is such an easy emotion. railing against something comes naturally, whereas explaining exactly what i love about something bares a little too much of my soul than i usually feel comfortable expressing. trust me, i know i'm insecure.

i've always had problems with the DI thread because i've always hated the idea of a contest/tournament. it's going to break my heart seeing my selections get panned because it turns out to be stuff none of you actually like. plus, i get such out of control OCD making lists sometimes, and i know i'm only going to be the same way when it comes down to listening to people's lists.

I'm excited to see what your list has to offer, IWB, and I doubt anyone will pan your list.

I will gladly give up my spot if it means it will make room for IWB and iYup. I'm excited to hear what both of them come up with, and they deserve spots in this thing.

Thanks for the gesture, GAF. It looks as though there is still space for everyone, though. Maybe I'll include a Cheryl Cole song in your honor.

I have decided not to enter this time around because I have no time over the holiday now that I'll be working. I'll be following, though, and I'm glad to see IWB and iYup and the like all joining.

Also, I'm definitely in if there's a best of 2010 game. I've followed this year much closer than years past.

that's too bad, because i am somewhat of a metalhead, and a place called Metal Island sounds like where i'd like to be. wouldn't have expected that from a U2 forum tho.

i went through and listed the genre for all my songs so far, and if you get genre-specific there are very few genres that repeat. which probably means everyone will love one or two songs on my list, but no one will like all of it :p

Hah, no shit, it's rare when people around here think Metal Island sounds like an enjoyable idea! Stick around, because I will unleash it at some point. I'm just not totally happy with it yet, so I'm not using it this time around. I don't want it to become my DI Chinese Democracy though. It'll be interesting to see how the forum responds, because it starts fairly tame (Alcest, Psychotic Waltz, Devin Townsend) and builds up to Norwegians shrieking while they throw a drumkit down a stairwell (i.e. Immortal and early Ulver). Judging by past experience, I'll lose everybody around about Borknagar.

As for this time, I hope you like Kyuss, because that's the only out-and-out metal I'm using. There is Amesoeurs as well, but I consider them post-punk more than anything.

:lol: Yeah, this.

Seriously, I'm glad you're joining. This is probably the largest group of newcomers we've had in a while. Plus, Axver has a new ally in Collapse. :wink:

Yeah, I'm excited about all the new contestants; it'll be really cool to have some different perspectives. And yes, it's good to have a new ally especially with Liam having fallen off the DI bandwagon. :wink:

I have decided not to enter this time around because I have no time over the holiday now that I'll be working. I'll be following, though, and I'm glad to see IWB and iYup and the like all joining.

Also, I'm definitely in if there's a best of 2010 game. I've followed this year much closer than years past.

Well, I was looking forward for an entry for you but I understand you have to work and stuff. Thanks for all your past entries it influences me to take this game to a higher level. Enjoy your holidays. :)

Back
Top Bottom