Desert Island VIII Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver seriously did a great job. I believe he, too, was in my top 5. Keep up the good song choices work. :wink:

Ashley's list was 2nd for me. Awesome flow and song choices. Drags slightly for me in the middle is all. Otherwise, perfect. One of her best.

i don't think i commented on your list Ashley... i wasn't a huge fan, just because a lot of the 80s pop stuff is not my thing. but there were plenty of tracks i enjoyed. my favourite outside of Wild Horses & Downbound Train was probably the Smashing Pumpkins track, which surprised me.

completely off-topic: Screw, I just noticed your location. It makes me smile.

4. LemonMelon

Total Points: 148

Highest Ranking: 1st
Lowest Ranking: 14th

covergoj.jpg

Judge this book by its cover: this is a party, eclectic in sound, but homogeneous in spirit. The playlist is divided into soul/R&B, electronic, and rap/hip-hop thirds, with each receiving a roughly equal amount of tracks, so the disco ball is just me being lazy. I’ve been putting this list together for over two years, but I delayed releasing it because I wanted it to be as deep as possible, offering the very best of what each genre has to offer (with, of course, only the best sequences I could manage gluing them together). Don’t let my perfectionist tendencies betray the fun I had making this list, however; I really think this is one of the most enjoyable, unique playlists that I’ve come across. Let’s just pretend this isn’t Oneblood’s last list made more acceptable to B&C tastes.

Track listing:

1. Michael Jackson – “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” – Off The Wall (6:04)
2. Funkadelic – “One Nation Under A Groove” – One Nation Under A Groove (7:28)
3. Beastie Boys – “Hey Ladies” – Paul’s Boutique (3:47)
4. De La Soul – “Change In Speak” – 3 Feet High And Rising (2:32)
5. Todd Rundgren – “Wolfman Jack” – Somthething/Anything (2:55)
6. Wilson Pickett – “In The Midnight Hour” – The Very Best of Wilson Pickett (2:40)
7. The Supremes – “Back In My Arms Again” – Gold (2:53)
8. Sam and Dave – “Soothe Me” – The Best of Sam and Dave (2:30)
9. The Four Tops – “Baby I Need Your Lovin’” – The Ultimate Collection (2:44)
10. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles – “The Tracks of My Tears” – The Definitive Collection (2:54)
11. The Spinners – “It’s A Shame” – The Best of The Spinners (3:14)
12. Stevie Wonder – “My Cherie Amour” – My Cherie Amour (2:54)
13. Aretha Franklin – “Ain’t No Way” – Lady Soul
14. Isaac Hayes – “Walk On By (Single Version)” – The Very Best of Isaac Hayes (4:33)
15. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – “The Game Gets Old” – I Learned The Hard Way (3:55)
16. Kanye West – “Touch The Sky” – Late Registration (3:56)
17. Daft Punk – “One More Time” – Discovery (5:20)
18. The Streets – “Blinded By The Lights” – A Grand Don’t Come For Free (4:43)
19. Madonna – “Get Together” – Confessions on a Dance Floor (5:14)
20. Gorillaz – “Dare” – Demon Days (4:04)
21. Crystal Castles – “Suffocation” – Crystal Castles (2010) (4:02)
22. Cut Copy – “Lights & Music (Single Version)” – Lights & Music (4:59)
23. Neon Neon – “Raquel” – Stainless Style (5:01)
24. Hercules and Love Affair – “Blind” – Hercules and Love Affair (6:18)
25. LCD Soundsystem – “Tribulations” – LCD Soundsystem (4:59)
26. The Go! Team – “Ladyflash” – Thunder, Lightning, Strike (4:16)
27. Neon Indian – “Deadbeat Summer” – Psychich Chasms (4:01)
28. Annie – “Heartbeat” – Anniemal (3:06)
29. MGMT – “Electric Feel” – Oracular Spectacular (3:49)
30. Lupe Fiasco – “Sunshine” – Food & Liquor (3:55)
31. Outkast – “SpottieOttieDopaliscious” – Big Boi and Dre Present…Outkast (5:57)
32. The Notorious B.I.G. – “Big Poppa” – Ready To Die (4:09)
33. Nas – “Memory Lane (Sittin’ In Da Park)” – Illmatic (4:07)
34. Common – “Faithful” – Be (3:33)
35. Jay-Z – “Feelin’ It” – Reasonable Doubt (3:48)
36. The Roots – “You Got Me” – Things Fall Apart (4:19)
37. Erykah Badu – “Window Seat” – New Amerykah Part Two: Return of the Ankh (4:49)
38. Massive Attack – “Unfinished Sympathy” – Collected (5:12)

Total runtime: 2:36:53

Four score and five DIs ago, no man would have dreamed of cracking the top 5 with a list full of black people music. I have done mine and Cassie's race proud. Thank you for your undying support on our long walk up that hill.

Spelling is not one of my strengths. I meant QFT but Good Fucking Truth is just as good. :wink:

MST3K fan I take it?
Ohh, yes. There are some episodes I can recite and yet still laugh my ass off at.

LemonMelon said:
Four score and five DIs ago, no man would have dreamed of cracking the top 5 with a list full of black people music. I have done mine and Cassie's race proud. Thank you for your undying support on our long walk up that hill.

gft.

Your list was awesome.

All my top five's gone now.

So it's down to pahana, Screw and iYup. I'm still sticking with my prediction for #1.

Reggo said:
And Screw has officially started something.

And this time we're not ganging up on him about it. :wink:

No offense, Phanan, but I hope you don't win. Screw or newcomer iYup being the champion of DI would be gft.

Back
Top Bottom