Desert Island VIII Results Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In.

ETA: Just so I'm clear, same rules, but the time limit is 80 minutes, right?

I'm in. Got a nice shoegazy mini DI that I think I might use.

I've picked what artists are going to be on my list, if not necessarily the song choices or transitions. It's going to be an extraordinarily sticky, sweaty, trippy list that isn't so much dark as it is hazy as fuck. Should be perfect summer listening.

I never realized Whitney sang that song.

I have never been more upset to realize that "Happiest Days of Our Lives" is a separate, definitely non-stand-alone, track as I was this afternoon when I started to form an idea for my list. Oh wellz.

I never realized Whitney sang that song.

I have never been more upset to realize that "Happiest Days of Our Lives" is a separate, definitely non-stand-alone, track as I was this afternoon when I started to form an idea for my list. Oh wellz.

:( That blows.

Like, I knew it was a separate track, but it never occurs to you, ya'know? since they always play the songs together on the radio.

I think "our rules" state that you can include both? I mean Another Brick in the Wall pt 2 is really not as good without Happiest Days of Our Lives before it. I'm sure you'll be able to include it.

I'm dismayed by the skit at the end of Da Art of Storytellin pt 1... the beat flows straight into it, and I don't have tracks that immediately start with a clock going off.

On every compilation I can find, "Happiest Days..." is a separate track even then. I believe at that point, since we're not talking about a few seconds, but a full song on its own, it doesn't count. Plus, the intro to "Happiest Days..." is fucked up too.

It's not a biggie, I don't know that I would've really used it anyways.

Yeah, Floyd is tough to use because so many of their tracks flow directly into others. Very few songs post-Meddle have definite termini.

My first foray into DI was a disaster. I finished it with Eclipse, and there are very few songs that flow well into Eclipse.

:lol: Yeah, I can imagine that being slightly jarring.

What the hell, I'll throw something together for this. I have a few different ideas already, and I like to see what you folks are digging as well.

Well I think we're allowed to use pt1s, pt2s, etc, even if they're separate tracks, but yeah.

Right, but in this case, "Happiest Days of Our Lives" isn't REALLY a connector of Brick 2, just heavily associated with it, you know?

Right, but in this case, "Happiest Days of Our Lives" isn't REALLY a connector of Brick 2, just heavily associated with it, you know?

I'm not sure why we're having this discussion :lol: but I reckon it connects... I hate hearing Brick 2 without that scream seconds before. Probably more associated though you're right.

:lol: Yeah, I can imagine that being slightly jarring.

What the hell, I'll throw something together for this. I have a few different ideas already, and I like to see what you folks are digging as well.

:love: Looking forward to it!

Besides my all-girl entry, the only thing I could come up with for Mini Island was one single transition that's a little dodgy. Fitter Happier > Zooropa. No idea where I was going with it. Oh well.

I've picked what artists are going to be on my list, if not necessarily the song choices or transitions. It's going to be an extraordinarily sticky, sweaty, trippy list that isn't so much dark as it is hazy as fuck. Should be perfect summer listening.

Title: All Blissed Out (Or Taking Drugs To Make Playlists To Take Drugs To)

I'm definitely in. Going for something less story-based. I want it to focus around creating a certain mood instead.

Back
Top Bottom