Desert Island VIII Master List, Part Two - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
yeah, sendspace glitched the fuck out on me and i ended up having to download it once for tracks 1-14, and then another time subsequently for each of the remaining tracks. it took about 30 min to an hour per download, too, which is what took me so long getting to it.
Hmm, ok, thanks! It'll probably be faster to find and download them individually then.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #77
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:52 PM
probably. it was so worth the headache, though.

i really need more allagoch in my life.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

I didn't realize there was an issue downloading mine. Perhaps I should do it again through megaupload.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I didn't realize there was an issue downloading mine. Perhaps I should do it again through megaupload.
The link's back up again now, fyi. This morning, I couldn't even get to the download screen, while a couple days ago, the browser estimated the download would take 5 hours. I think sendspace just has issues...in the long run, I was able to track down all the songs via mediafire or torrent sites, so it worked out.

Now, I'm looking forward to listening to it tonight while reading materials for the course I'm taking called "Killing." Too bad I wasn't in classes yet while listening to reggo's list...
Old 01-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

You can try the rapidshare link I just sent out, and hopefully that will work better.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:52 PM
oh, suuuuuure, after I spend two hours downloading it last night!

I'm a little too tired and loopy to give it its fair shake tonight, pahana, so I'll spin it tomorrow, pinkie swear.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:24 AM   #82
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:52 AM
Christ I'm behind on this.

Will try to catch up on all the lists in the coming week.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

We gave Part Two a few extra days to help people out, and there will only be four playlists again for Part Three, so you should be ok.

The Part Three thread will probably be posted tonight or tomorrow (my time).
Old 01-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
you were gonna check out the street dogs? awesome! start with fading american dream. definitely that album.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a spin once DI listening is over.

Quote:
i remember a while ago trying to talk you into checking out the hudson falcons, or maybe i just made a thread because i wanted someone, anyone to get past linskey's vocals and accept the greatness that is that band. the song on here sounds more like the stones than most of their other stuff, but it's by far one of my favorite songs by anyone ever. the last time i saw them live it wasn't on the setlist, but they played it, and the surprise alone should have just killed me on spot because i could have said i died extremely happy. hmm, that was probably a little on the morbid side. disregard. actually, i remember you in particular saying something about them not sucking, but the vocals being terrible.
I don't recall that, but perhaps my viewpoint has changed over the years, because I thought the song you included by them was pretty good.

I finished yours up yesterday. Part 2 was a great listen - I pretty much liked everything except for a couple of songs. I remember when the Glasvegas album came out and only liking one or two songs and thinking the rest was mediocre, and that train of thought hasn't changed. And the pairing of Xiu Xiu and Pluxus didn't suit me either, but other than that, excellent throughout. I loved Jesus & Mary into The National, and the addition of William Shatner was pure gold. Perhaps my biggest surprise was the lack of Dropkick Murphys - I thought for certain they'd be on here.

I'm really glad you tried this out, cuz you did very well.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #85
Blue Crack Supplier

thanks, phanan.

there's a chance you were in that thread pertaining to the hudson falcons, but someone else said that, and it was some years ago so it's all kinda fuzzy to me now.

i could have sworn i put dkm's "as one" and flatfoot 56's "brotherhood" on there somewhere. and death & taxe's "whole damn thing" really belonged on part 1, but i forgot it. i also remember wanting to keep it bagpipe-free as to not veer off too far in that direction (save that for another time, most likely). but that only leaves how many other dkm songs that i really like? i guess "the gauntlet" being in part 2 made it too punk o rama 6...
Old 01-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #86
Blue Crack Supplier

i found it in an old green day thread. it wasn't in relation to that song, and since the link i posted is now dead i have no idea what you were refering to. "Lyrics are cool, music sounds great, but that singer's voice sucks." i'd post the link to the thread, but it's a pretty small search to type in "hudson falcons" (and i'm pretty sure any post containing those two words next to each other was mine or someone quoting me).

the entire thread gave me a good laugh, though. but i fear re-posting the actual link will get me retroactively suspended/banned from these parts. or the fact that i should probably be embarrassed and i'm not, might be enough to get me in trouble. i suspect i may have been mildly psychotic in 2004. and i wonder about my level of apathy these days. i can't imagine being that [any emotion] about anything at all now. but on to more important things--like finishing uv's list.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:47 AM   #87
45:33

Miss/Ms/Mrs IWB, i have started your list.

i thought the opening three city specific-tunes were pretty great. not too sure on Jersey City's vocals but the music was terrific. Mark Lind through Far From Finished, i did not enjoy at all. like dance and hip hop is not your thing, this stuff was not mine.

re: Some Kind of Hate. is that a joke? like a satire of the whole metal/emo music? because if it is, it's brilliant. if it's not a joke, then it has the unfortunate distinction of being among the worst songs i've ever heard (The Beatles and Radiohead each have a song in this category).

i should finish your list tomorrow! looking forward to part two, some good choices i see!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #88
Blue Crack Supplier

cobl--just consider it one of the songs you hate the most ever.

haha, city-specific. yeah, look at that. they are. it would be nice if i could say that was intentional, just like it would be clever to say that lola was someone you shouldn't have fallen in love with. but that was pretty much a coincidence.

---------------

ok, uv's list. the first pair packed a nice punch, however "strange currencies" ran off in another direction and i don't think it fit. pretty much that's how i feel about the flow overall--you have some pairs/trios of songs that are absolutely great together (really like the sweet virginia/crippled inside/gravy run. that was excellent. but the phoenix killed that for me. plus, i really didn't like the song. but i think that's more because i just don't like any phoenix songs i've ever heard. it did, however, go well with maps, despite i don't like that song either. u2 into the gorrilaz was far better than i'd expected). sheer awesomeness that i'd definitely never heard before highlight goes to the tame impala song. i'm not even sure what it was that i liked about it, but it was great. and the vines followed it very nicely.

i'd never call a collection of songs that includes so many great songs a bad list. you've got a lot of great tunes on there. and while i singled out the phoenix song as a song i don't like by a band i don't like, i'm not a white stripes fan however "effect & cause" is pretty badass. overall, it just seemed really choppy at times to me.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #89
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:52 AM
Starting up your list now, IWB. Is the second person on the list really in Sugarland? I'm listening to that song now, and actually I think I know this song, but I'm not sure why.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #90
45:33

not finished yet, iDubBee, but April Skies into Bloodbuzz Ohio was inspired.