Desert Island VIII Master List, Part Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm waiting on four rankings right now.

Cute Irish Bono
IWasBored
collapse
ultraviolet92

I see that CIB is online, so hopefully that one is in process. I haven't seen IWB today, so I'm a little concerned there. I don't know about uv92 because he/she was apparently online earlier today, yet hasn't said anything and hasn't posted in a while.

As for collapse, knowing who she is now and going by previous history, it's probably a given we'll have to write that one off, which is too bad.

I just tallied up the votes, and the difference between the top 3 is a mere 9 votes, with 4th place another 9 votes back.

This is so close that I'm contemplating delaying the results thread by a day or so in an attempt to get IWB's rankings in.

I'm also considering keeping collapse and uv92 as part of the results even though they haven't been around because, quite honestly, neither one is near the top 5.

Feel free to throw in your two cents...

Yeah, we should wait for IWB.

As for the other two, I'm not fussed either way.

I just tallied up the votes, and the difference between the top 3 is a mere 9 votes, with 4th place another 9 votes back.

This is so close that I'm contemplating delaying the results thread by a day or so in an attempt to get IWB's rankings in.

I'm also considering keeping collapse and uv92 as part of the results even though they haven't been around because, quite honestly, neither one is near the top 5.

Feel free to throw in your two cents...

Wow. I knew it was going to be close but not that close! I don't know what to think with the IWB rankings. I mean I would hate for one of those people in the top 3 now to get knocked down by waiting a day. We all knew the deadline but on the other hand I would hate for someone to be prevented from moving up too.

I'm inclined to give IWB the benefit of the doubt here, because she's been an active participant in this. I certainly wouldn't do it for someone who hasn't really been that involved.

I'm inclined to wait for IWB, and probably to keep collapse and uv92 (admittedly I say that because I'm partial to collapse's list and don't want to see it knocked out of the final results).

Did we have any submissions from listeners, or is it just competitors voting?

I apologise for not doing any running commentaries or reviews this time around, I just find I think a bit clearer if all the lists are given a similar experience. That sounds ridiculous, but oh well! I won't say where my votes went exactly but I enjoyed parts of everyone's lists.

I'm inclined to wait for IWB, and probably to keep collapse and uv92 (admittedly I say that because I'm partial to collapse's list and don't want to see it knocked out of the final results).

Did we have any submissions from listeners, or is it just competitors voting?

Both Khan and Sad Punk participated.

If it weren't for the fact that iwb was so active in the running diaries, I'd be less inclined to wait, but the fact is she did, so I'm cool with waiting.

That's great that the voting is so close. There really were a lot of high-quality lists in here.

wow, i'm sorry. i woke up monday night and realized that i'd completely spaced out on what day of the week it was, thought a mix of no one will notice and ugh i still never came up with rankings i liked. shouldn't have delayed this thing because of me. especially since i obviously came back to class without my homework.

yeah, i'm a loser.

Ok, everyone. Try to be around tomorrow night between 9pm-10pm EST, as we're going to post the results then.

IWB, try to get me your rankings by the afternoon, as I'm wrapping this up whether I hear from you or not.

Back
Top Bottom