Desert Island VII: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, you just put them all in one folder. Then, right click that folder, and one of the options should be to convert or send to a "Compressed Folder" or a ZIP folder.

002eshrt

Do you mean through Mediafire or i-Tunes? When I did through Mediafire the only options it gave me were, "convert link target to Adobe PDF" and "convert link target to existing PDF."

On your computer, open iTunes and a new folder, side by side. Highlight the songs on your playlist in iTunes. Drag them into the folder. Then compress the folder as PFan said. Once that is done, upload that new folder to mediafire.

No mess up on my part. I didn't feel like spelling out all the possibilities, because the situation is different for each person depending on which DIs they have been a part of, so I just went with no songs being repeated, knowing full well that in most cases, a lot of us were using different tracks anyway.

However, I should have amended it to say that if you have a song that you wish to use that has been done before, then simply PM me first. As you all know, I'm quite flexible with most scenarios that come up (this is supposed to be for fun, after all), and unless you just used it the last few times out, it most likely won't be an issue.

That was more along the lines of what I meant by "messed up".

Anyways, it's a song I used on DI 2, and this is my fourth list since then, so I'm hoping it will be ok. I actually *can't* PM because I refuse to clear out my PM box, so you wouldn't be able to reply, so if you can just let me know.

I believe I got it now! Thanks for all your help! I will let you guys know if I run into anymore trouble.

I'm looking forward to this like mad. I'm hoping to discover 2 or 3 new artists that I've never heard/paid attention to before.

I'm surprised this hasn't filled up already.

me too. with the sad punk there's 3 spots open i think? and 2 alternates. can't say that new people don't have an opportunity to join now.

i might reuse two songs I used in my Best of the 2000s list because 1) it was a mini-DI and 2) I had to drop out due to craziness in my life so I feel like my list didn't really count. but other than that, all new artists (and the two I'm reusing were only used in that mini-DI)

the tourist, you will definitely discover new artists from my list.

i should know this by now, but what's the exact format for writing out the songs? is it

1. Artist - "Song" - Album (length) ?

Indeed it has. That's the entire point, no?

I'm just glad there'll again be a list other than AtomicBono's that I'll really like. :wink:

(No, I'm looking forward to the lists from a lot of people, actually. It's been a while since I've been this keen for a DI.)

Well, I have another question. I made a folder with zipped files and uploaded it to Media Fire. Then I tried to upload it to i-Tunes (After I deleted the songs from i-Tunes) and nothing happened. When I highlighted and dragged the files to my new folder, the file was in Windows Media format. It was capable of being played on Windows Media. Is it ok if the files themselves didn't seem to be zip? Could I give you the link from Media Fire and could you see if you could upload it to your computer? By the way, the files are I choose are just random, some of them won't necessarily be on my playlist.

Hey, does anyone want a Media Fire link of some files (3 songs) that could be part of my playlist and see if they could upload it to their computer? So, I could know if I uploaded the folder right.

If you, or anyone else, puts songs individually for download, I'm not listening to that list. Pure and simple.

If you, or anyone else, puts songs individually for download, I'm not listening to that list. Pure and simple.

I find myself agreeing with this. It should be required that they're zipped.

Back
Top Bottom