Desert Island VII: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I understand I won't give any one songs until my playlist is completed. But I still have a problem and would like some help. I made a folder with zipped files and uploaded it to Media Fire. Then I tried to upload it to i-Tunes and the songs wouldn't show up on i-Tunes. What could be the problem?

Maybe if the use of ZIP/RAR files is too difficult for you, you should reconsider your participation ...

The files are IN the computer.

zoolander_imac_1.jpg

Ok, I understand I won't give any one songs until my playlist is completed. But I still have a problem and would like some help. I made a folder with zipped files and uploaded it to Media Fire. Then I tried to upload it to i-Tunes and the songs wouldn't show up on i-Tunes. What could be the problem?
You need to get WinRAR to open the zipped files.

To get the files out of a zip folder, all you really need to do is open the zipped folder, and then drag the files out of it into another uncompressed folder.

You need to get WinRAR to open the zipped files.

That explains a whole bunch. Thanks. I just downloaded the program. Now what do I do to get those files from WinRar to i-Tunes? There are many options, "wizard," "find," "add," extract to, "test," and "view." Which one? I know I am computer illerate but at least I am asking for help. I know I will get this figured out.

You tell me.

View - for viewing things in the file you want to remove things from
Find - for finding things in the file you want to remove things from
Add - for adding things to the file you want to remove things from
>>>*Extract - for removing things from the file you want to remove things from*<<<

If you, or anyone else, puts songs individually for download, I'm not listening to that list. Pure and simple.
add windows media to the list for me too. i'm on a mac, itunes ignores any wma files. i can convert them, true, but it'd take me an hour to do that for one list. i also knock off points for people who upload protected itunes files. i look at it that i'm receiving an incomplete playlist then and thus can't accurately judge it. maybe that's harsh of me, but yeah.

I figured it out now. It was obviously to extract from. Now I have the songs on my i-Tunes. Thank God! :doh:

add windows media to the list for me too. i'm on a mac, itunes ignores any wma files. i can convert them, true, but it'd take me an hour to do that for one list. i also knock off points for people who upload protected itunes files. i look at it that i'm receiving an incomplete playlist then and thus can't accurately judge it. maybe that's harsh of me, but yeah.

I'm glad I work with Apple Lossless that I can personally easily convert to mp3. But I agree with you for sure on the protected file thing. :crack:

Yep. I remember trying a "protected song converter" that butchered like 10 tracks on my DI 4 list. Also, .wma files can suck many dicks.

Who even uses WMA any more? I thought that shit had gone to the same hell as RealPlayer audio files.

Yep. I remember trying a "protected song converter" that butchered like 10 tracks on my DI 4 list. Also, .wma files can suck many dicks.
I remember asking you if you could send me the link for it, and then butchering tracks of my own on my DI4 and possibly DI5 list.

I'm just glad there'll again be a list other than AtomicBono's that I'll really like. :wink:

:lol: hey thanks :wink: I always enjoy your lists because they're something different :up: (and I'm now a metalhead-in-training thanks to my friend/bandmate, though my list won't have much rocking out this time around. just the way it turned out. )

wma = shitfest

as for protected itunes files, there is no reason for that to happen. the uploader can easily just burn the files onto an audio CD and rip them back into iTunes - I did that in past DI's. Also, really, is it that hard to find another copy of the song somewhere on the internet? anyway, iTunes has been DRM-free for awhile so any recently purchased songs won't be protected anyway

1. phanan
2. Imperor
3. onebloodonelife
4. PhilsFan
5. LMP/No spoken words
6. Screwtape2
7. GirlsAloudFan
8. bono_212
9. AtomicBono
10. Axver
11. LemonMelon
12. coolian2
13. khanadarhodes
14. the tourist
15. Mr. V
16. Cute Irish Bono
17. The Sad Punk
18. liamcool
ALT 1.
ALT 2.

Well, at this rate we won't even get to the alternates.

Hopefully with the weekend over, we will fill up quickly.

The first entry has been submitted. And damn you LM for already using a couple of songs that I have tentatively included in my own playlist.

The first entry has been submitted. And damn you LM for already using a couple of songs that I have tentatively included in my own playlist.

When I first made the list in summer 2008, that Fleet Foxes pick was cutting edge. Now? :sad:

Damn you LM for not sending my entry in for me last night and stealing the first slot from me :(

so, a question, because i'm considering this.

the playlists are coming out in groups of four or five at a time? and then all that's needed is a ranking, is this correct?

so, a question, because i'm considering this.

the playlists are coming out in groups of four or five at a time? and then all that's needed is a ranking, is this correct?

Four master threads featuring five lists a piece. And yes, all you need is a ranking featuring all 20 lists. Same thing we did for Best of '00s, except the playlist release is staggered.

Back
Top Bottom